Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best time to fish Canada
Hello fellow fisherman. I'm planning a fishing trip to Canada this spring and would like to know what's the best time to go? I currently have plans for the last week in May. When does the ice come off? What depth/temp will I find the Walleye, Pike and Trout? Location planned: Central Ontario around Lake Elliot. 3 hours drive East of the Soo.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bhcarp on 04/03/02 08:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
This is some great info. It has good detail. thanks for the info. You for got to give your E-mail address. If you register for the board then you can put it in your profile, along with other info about you that you might want to share.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher.
Dear Muskieman: Thanks you for all the wonderful info. It's all very helpful and encouraging. I too wish you all the very best on you trip. If you'd like to see how we did last year. You can go to www.community.webshots.com/user/4bcarp the photo album you'll want to look at is "flyin fishin trip 2001. Last year we when a week later than this years plan. So I was interested in what to expect by going a little earlier? I know last year the pesky black fly were coming out and made it a little difficult at night and around the shoreline. Hopefully you'll review this posting. I didn't have any of you contact info?<br><br>Anytime you want to chat more about this let me know!<br><br>Best regards,<br>Brian<br><br>
End of May is the best time to be here, the ice will be gone and the walleye season opens on the 18th of May. By the way, my name is Bob and I live in Elliot Lake. Where did you plan to stay and where did you plan to fish? Most of the locals here head for the Spanish River for walleyes in the spring. Is that your primary target? There aren't many lakes right in this area for walleyes, mostly trout here. If you'd like more info on this area, drop me a line.<br>Bob<br><br>
Bob,<br>Thanks for the great post, and I would like to welcome you to the Great and Growing BFT board.<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher &lt;*(())))))))))&gt;{<br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/</A>