Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's going to be on the ice by Christmas?
Who's going to be on the ice by Christmas? Anyone have some decnt ice yet?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hello, we finally have our first major resevouir freezing up here in utah. Last weekend there were a few people out on the ice. I was there 2 weeks ago and my spot had 1 inch, so I fished open water.If it stays cold the rest won't be long.I'll be there this weekend. I'm ready for another season on ice.Happy Thankgiving and good fishing.
[signature]
Hello Fisherman,

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, look forward to hearing some great Ice Tales, good luck this weekend.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
the lakes here in southern michigan have been freezing over at nights and centers thawed by mid days sun.

if the patern hold up the way it has going we can expect Ice in south eastern michigan
[signature]
Looking out my window this morning, I see Ole’ Jack Frost has been busy,

There is about 2 inches of snow out there and the weatherman says a possible 6 inches more before it is finished. Ill Have to go out soon and blow it out of the drive soon.

The weatherman says it might get up to a balmy 25 degrees by midday. (If we are lucky he says lol)

With the wind and snow fall blowing down on the lakes will for sure put the chill on them lakes that have not yet been crusting over. I expect to start seeing pop ups on the smaller ponds by this weekend. They have been crusting for better than a week now.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas ice fishing in Michigan.
[signature]
It has been a balmy 7 degrees for the last several hours, (pass the sun tan lotion please) weatherman says it will drop to -2 just for a moment be for temps start rising

We are expecting a heat wave at the end this week of nearly 30 degrease. Until then temps will soar to the mid 20 during the day light hours dropping to the single digits after sundown from now to Thursday.

The possibility of ice fishing by this weekend on small ponds here in Michigan is getting better by the hour.

Be sure to take the time to read [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=7799;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;"][size 1]Ice Fishing Tip of the Day [/size][/url]and take as many precautions as possible before stepping out on the ice.
[signature]
I just looked out the window and what do i see

3 inches of snow. well we did not get much more from when I last reported.

the temp now is 9 derease and is expected to drop to 1 degree by morning how ever city all around are screaming that it is 1 degree already and it is still 7 hours from the coldest time of the day. so it may drop even more than expected.
[signature]
kooool we got our first Ice Fishing report.

earlyiceman thank you...

Ice fishing reports are not only welcome here in the ice fishing boards but are encouraged.

Also if you post your fishing report in the state lower on the boards you will be in for the weekly fishing report contest... “Providing you register as a member before posting”. (Membership is free.)

There are several ways to win great stuff here on the boards [ol] [li]Weekly fishing reports[/li] [li]Weekly fishing jokes[/li] [li]Fishing tournaments held here on the boards.[/li][/ol]

Speaking of which, we have an Ice fishing tournament coming up on this board soon. You will want to get in on this one.
[signature]
Well it is December forth and the thermometer out side at 9 am says 4 degrees

Just a couple hours ago the temp was -2 degrees (we broke the long time record for the coldest on this date, held since 1863) the old record was for this date 1 degree.

I am expecting to see my lake crusted over later on today when I take my puppy out for a walk. My lake is one of the last lakes in the area to freeze with its three rivers flowing in to the lake and its numerous artesian wells flowing in to the lakes.
[signature]