Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's the...
Panfish fishing over there wherever u are? Haven't been out yet but planning to do it this weekend...
[signature]
I'll let you know after this weekend. I'm going on a little BFT rally with some of the local Homies.

We will be mostly LMB fishing but there are some nice Blue Gills in the local lake too.[cool]
[signature]
I have been fly rodding 1/2# bluegill for the last month. I am hunting down one over a pound and even bigger if I can find 'em out here in Idaho.
[signature]
I know there are a ton of big ones out there. Back when I lived in ID, I couldn't keep them off of the line while trying to catch Trout or Bass.

My little lake out here has some good ones. Most are in the range that you described and there are seveal that are over 2lbs.

I had one 3 years ago that tipped the scales at 2 1/4lb. That was a nice little tug on an ultralite fishing outfit.

I couldnt get them to hit on flies unles I tie on a bare hook and put on a nice Wax Worm.[cool]
[signature]
Talked to a few old timers tonight and got an ear full about a hardy Crappie bite just north of me..

slip floats over minnows are on the diet I guess.
[signature]

dial up warning, big picture!
[signature]
Funny my post didnt show up? Ive seen that happen lately, hopefully we can get that fixed. Ive only caught a few crappie this year, they arent schooling up in the same holes they were this time last year. Ive caught some good bluegill and I have some spots where you can pull out bluegill one ofter the other but youll be lucky to get one 8 inches! Hopefully this will be a good year for panfish, Ive just got a bad case of bass fever lately. But I'll get hungry for crappie before too long[Wink] Matt
[signature]
That was huge for even my DSL, very slow load.
[signature]
The panfishing here in SC is almost nonexistant. The rivers are up and the water is cold. But, it's looking up. This whole week is suppose to be in the 80's. The water temp should jump 6 or 7 degrees and the rivers should come down.

You could probably get a few bream off the rivers if you're willing to wade through the swamp to get them. Personally, i'll just wait for the water to come down. LOL I'm not much for wrestling with alligators and water moccasins.

There are some people catching a few bream here and there in small ponds, but they are smaller fish.

This weekend is going to be a blow out, i'm sure of it. I can't wait to see everyones report for those who get to hit the water. [cool]
[signature]
Sorry, I really need to resize that pic[Wink]
[signature]
That was a nice Gill Matt. Long up load for the pic too. Thanks for the warning. I have DSL and it still took almost 40 seconds.

I don't thinkg the size is too big, it just looks like the format is the wrong one.

Generally when you save as a BMP files, it requires more room. The JPEG is a much smaller file format and doesn't sacrifice any quality.[cool]
[signature]
Im still trying to figure out the whole resizing thing. Not the biggest gill Ive ever caught but a nice one for utah, Plus I caught it off a 6 inch zoom fluke[Wink]
[signature]
Easter weekend Pelican lake.
We must of caught over 100 gills, all on the maniac ice cut'r bug in color#040
[signature]
its pretty good here. the lake i fish on has some good sized crappie. and i caught this big guy last year. still not sure what this thing is though, or how it got in our lake. pumpkin seed? at first i thought it was a bass/bluegill hybrid due to its head/mouth which is pretty much lthe same as a LMB

[Image: whatzy1.jpg]

my buddies best crappie from the lake
[Image: crappiefa2.jpg]

we dont target the little guys much, usually just get a few bold ones hitting our walleye jigs.
[signature]
Looks like a warmouth. Really tasty fish! [cool]
[signature]
Mattscru is right, that's a nice warmouth. Also known as a "Morgan" or "stump thumper." They love hiding inside those hard to reach places like inside a big cypress knee and are suckers for a big juicey cricket. [Tongue] Thanks for sharing the photo's straight6!

That's a nice crappie your friend has there too. What body of water do you usually fish? What state?
[signature]
wisconsin. our typical fishing day we go to a private lake with permission from some freinds. when we go for perch/rock bass, we head to the lake michigan marinas.
[signature]
There really isn't much better fishing than private bodies of water. I do loads of saltwater fishing and river fishing for big cats and flatfish; but my favorite thing to do is load up with just a couple of my favorite lures and hit a golf course pond or something along those lines. There's always plenty of action going on, and the fish are easy to target.

I fish out of SC, as you may have already noticed in my signature at the bottom of my posts. There is alot of great freshwater action around here, especially panfish and catfish.

[cool]
[signature]
Thats what I love about the base here Bryan. Not much fishing pressure and alot of huge fish. One pond is full of shellcracker and Ive heard of pound and a halfers coming out of there. Theres a few ponds on base on the golf course that NO ONE fishes! And almost all the ponds run together with small creeks. I might have to sneek out their at night and hope the SP's dont catch me [Wink] But robins afb has several ponds full of panfish, you can catch hand size gills and slab crappie off the docks on a few ponds but with all the run off from the flight line area I dont think I could eat a fish off base[Tongue]

Matt
[signature]
I used to love Pelican lake. We could easily get over 200 Bluegills on opening day.

TubeDude and his boss(at the time) Tubed out aways from my brother and I. They came back in with over 300 gills and made it on the cover of the Fishing and Hunting news.[cool]
[signature]