Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
puting it toogether
i am trying to figure out exactly the correct way to atach a spinner to what i think is called a jig rig.
I got a bunch of wighted hooks with eys on them, and several difrent colors of grub like things with flat flexable tails to go on them. now the kit also comes with spinner atachments,. were do theese atach?

is this how it goes?

[Image: DSCF0800.jpg]

also whats the technique for using this type of lure?
[signature]
The "clip" goes through the eye of the hook, not around the head. It can be fished any way a spinnerbait can be fished. Hope that helps.
[signature]
Brody is right about how you attach the clip to the jig but you also need to attach your line to circle between the jig and the spinner blade. I would use a swivel so you can change it easily and you won't get line twist but you can also attach it directly to your line. Cast it out and let it drop a few feet, then reel it in at different speeds to see what the fish want. You can also try putting some bait on the hook to see if that will help. Try worms or a piece of cut bait, also try changing the different colors of grubs to see if that will help. Good luck I hope this answers your questions. WH2
[signature]
They're called "safety pin spinners" are are the precursor to spinnerbaits.

As others have said, the clip goes through the hook eye, with the spinner towards the back.

I've always just tied my main line to the eye, in front of the wire shaft. Never found a swivel necessary.
[signature]