Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any action at Chesterfield?
Has anybody done any good at Chesterfield lately? How are the water levels? Thanks
[signature]
Low and slow Lew. We were thinking ..."maybe" next weekend.
[signature]
I think it always fishes well this time of year. The water is about like it usually is in September. None over 21" today, but the fish were willing, and put on some awesome aerial displays.
Mac
[signature]
So did you end up at Chesterfield? I love making the drive up there. I hit it at first ice last year and it was one of the best days for rainbows I've ever had. Strawberry should really start picking up after the cold front comes by the first of the week.
[signature]
No, messed up weekends, but we did meet up with Fishing Gal And Koch at Berry. Slow day though, I want to go back to Soldier Creek side...fish are FATTER.
[signature]
My dad and I fished Chesterfield yesterday. Fishing was slow. There was about 15 boats and pontoons on the water. Most people caught a couple fish each. The fish I caught were typical football shaped trout and they were fighters. I had one take me to my backing and when he got to the end of his run he jumped about 4 feet out of the water. What a blast.
[signature]
Sounds spectacular! Love it when those fish take to the air. What were you catching them on?
[signature]
I was using type II sink with an olive beadhead woolly bugger. Dad had type III with a brown woolly bugger. I did not get a hit on a black one at all.
[signature]