Fishing Forum

Full Version: Kokes in the Berry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty good morning before the wind came up. Fish are still shallow. We caught most between 12 and 18 feet. Even picked up a two-pound+ fish before I had attached the line to the down rigger. With the shallow fish, a long, set back is important. We were out 100+ most of the day. White or pearl squid with beads or blades to add to the action were the most successful.

We caught three limits and heard of a couple other boats that did the same. Had a guest from Australia who is staying with us for a few weeks. Before last weekend he had never caught a fish. he now has caught kokanee, cutthroat and rainbow. Last night He landed a really nice slot-buster cutt. 25 inches and just over five pounds. It was a nice bonus to the weekend.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
I don't use White or pearl squids a lot, afraid I will catch to many cutthroats
but then that 25" cut, may be worth it.
was he below the kokanees.
[signature]
We caught 5-6 Cutts and one rainbow at the same depth as the kokes. The big fish was at 19 feet in the big waves on Friday evening.
[signature]
T,
I spoke with you at the fish cleaning station. I asked guys I was fishing with if they saw your boat. Apparently, we were fishing all around each other for a couple hours. We started fishing at 5:30 and had our three person limit by 7:15. Nice to meet you.
That sounds pretty impressive --- but are you talking A.M. or P.M.?
[signature]
We were all fishing in the morning. The bite was pretty early.
[signature]