Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokes in the Berry
Pretty good morning before the wind came up. Fish are still shallow. We caught most between 12 and 18 feet. Even picked up a two-pound+ fish before I had attached the line to the down rigger. With the shallow fish, a long, set back is important. We were out 100+ most of the day. White or pearl squid with beads or blades to add to the action were the most successful.

We caught three limits and heard of a couple other boats that did the same. Had a guest from Australia who is staying with us for a few weeks. Before last weekend he had never caught a fish. he now has caught kokanee, cutthroat and rainbow. Last night He landed a really nice slot-buster cutt. 25 inches and just over five pounds. It was a nice bonus to the weekend.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.
I don't use White or pearl squids a lot, afraid I will catch to many cutthroats
but then that 25" cut, may be worth it.
was he below the kokanees.
[signature]
We caught 5-6 Cutts and one rainbow at the same depth as the kokes. The big fish was at 19 feet in the big waves on Friday evening.
[signature]
T,
I spoke with you at the fish cleaning station. I asked guys I was fishing with if they saw your boat. Apparently, we were fishing all around each other for a couple hours. We started fishing at 5:30 and had our three person limit by 7:15. Nice to meet you.
That sounds pretty impressive --- but are you talking A.M. or P.M.?
[signature]
We were all fishing in the morning. The bite was pretty early.
[signature]