Fishing Forum

Full Version: 1st timer @ lost dog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well we are finally good to go. Heading to the gorge.  Lost dog. Never fished this area.. Just looking for any tips for macs ?
There are some great YouTube videos of the Gorge and Macs if you do a search. The standard answer is a white tube jig tipped with sucker meat. I like to pound the bottom and stir up a bit of mud if the action is light and reeling the jig away will often provoke a chase reaction. Last year we had fun jigging a Jake's lure with pup lakers. Lost Dog is a good place to chase rainbows too
(01-17-2021, 04:05 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: [ -> ]There are some great YouTube videos of the Gorge and Macs if you do a search. The standard answer is a white tube jig tipped with sucker meat. I like to pound the bottom and stir up a bit of mud if the action is light and reeling the jig away will often provoke a chase reaction. Last year we had fun jigging a Jake's lure with pup lakers. Lost Dog is a good place to chase rainbows too
Thank you, 
Yes, I have been watching as many videos as I can. I don't get up there very often. Only be to backboard twice. Just like videos.I try to get as much info as possible.  3 hr drive ya know. Thank you for your response.