Fishing Forum

Full Version: Easy Canyon 5-05-2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Broke away from house arrest after 2mo. Missed out on the first ice off fishing this year. Now it's making up for lost time. Always liked E Canyon early as it's a way to knock off the cobwebs. First line in at 7:45 and as I'm setting 2nd line into the downrigger I felt a good yank on the line and could see a tail dance in the distance, fish on. It was kind of a weird day catching, for the first 40min strikes would be hit & miss. Then the bite slacked off for about an hour plus. Finally found a good combo after changing up lures. Now it was fast & furious catching with many self releases. Got off the water about 12:30 as wind started.
(05-06-2022, 01:03 AM)Bduck Wrote: [ -> ]Broke away from house arrest after 2mo. Missed out on the first ice off fishing this year. Now it's making up for lost time. Always liked E Canyon early as it's a way to knock off the cobwebs. First line in at 7:45 and as I'm setting 2nd line into the downrigger I felt a good yank on the line and could see a tail dance in the distance, fish on. It was kind of a weird day catching, for the first 40min strikes would be hit & miss. Then the bite slacked off for about an hour plus. Finally found a good combo after changing up lures. Now it was fast & furious catching with many self releases. Got off the water about 12:30 as wind started.

Thanks for the report Roger, sounds like you had a decent day after you got them figured out. How deep were you fishing for your best success? Any luck with your apex lures?
(05-06-2022, 01:28 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 01:03 AM)Bduck Wrote: [ -> ]Broke away from house arrest after 2mo. Missed out on the first ice off fishing this year. Now it's making up for lost time. Always liked E Canyon early as it's a way to knock off the cobwebs. First line in at 7:45 and as I'm setting 2nd line into the downrigger I felt a good yank on the line and could see a tail dance in the distance, fish on. It was kind of a weird day catching, for the first 40min strikes would be hit & miss. Then the bite slacked off for about an hour plus. Finally found a good combo after changing up lures. Now it was fast & furious catching with many self releases. Got off the water about 12:30 as wind started.

Thanks for the report Roger, sounds like you had a decent day after you got them figured out. How deep were you fishing for your best success? Any luck with your apex lures?
I was rigging between 15-25' but really didn't have to go that deep, marked fish from 5-40'. I was looking for the elusive kokes that supposed to be there, no success. The first time I fished EC and for kokes was with Pete(Packfan) back in the 70's, where did those 45yrs go? 
Yes I did use my homemade Apex version.