Fishing Forum

Full Version: Another Willard report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Launched by 730 am today. Headed to the area that produced for me last time by the island and tried out my new planer boards ( gonna have to work on that setup) and nothing for two hours. Decided it was a day that I needed to move around and headed towards the light pole changed to #7 jointed and within two minutes had my first walleye. Hung around there for a while and then headed a little South and had some more success. Cleaning fish and tunes by 1145. Super fun day! 
3 walleye 21”,19,18
2 sm bass (didn’t know Willard had em)
1 perch (swallowed the #7 flicker shad)
2 cats
And the elusive one that got away
Good job on locating some willing biters, seems the fish are moving around now to new areas looking for food
(06-09-2022, 10:58 PM)Redrebel Wrote: [ -> ]Launched by 730 am today. Headed to the area that produced for me last time by the island and tried out my new planer boards ( gonna have to work on that setup) and nothing for two hours. Decided it was a day that I needed to move around and headed towards the light pole changed to #7 jointed and within two minutes had my first walleye. Hung around there for a while and then headed a little South and had some more success. Cleaning fish and tunes by 1145. Super fun day! 
3 walleye 21”,19,18
2 cats

Thanks for the report. So, do you think the bite was later or do you think changing location/crankbaits did the trick?  Hate to get up there early for no good reason.  Seems like the bite has slowed a bit the last couple days? 

I bought a couple SR5s in Hot Steel and a couple SR7s in Helsinki Shad today, new colors for me.  Maybe they won't catch fish but they hooked a fisherman. Wink
I feel like what I was using just wasn’t what they were going after in my first location. I saw people catching. What works one day may not work another. I do feel like I got all my fish at the tail end of the morning bite. I don’t wanna sound like a donkey because I’m not super familiar with Willard but it seems there is a lul in the bite usually in mid afternoon.
Sounds about right, usually starts to taper off here around 11 and then picks up again in the evening.
(06-09-2022, 10:58 PM)Redrebel Wrote: [ -> ]Launched by 730 am today. Headed to the area that produced for me last time by the island and tried out my new planer boards ( gonna have to work on that setup) and nothing for two hours. Decided it was a day that I needed to move around and headed towards the light pole changed to #7 jointed and within two minutes had my first walleye. Hung around there for a while and then headed a little South and had some more success. Cleaning fish and tunes by 1145. Super fun day! 
3 walleye 21”,19,18
2 cats

You did good for fishing just over 4 hours, you must have really got into them those last couple of hours. 
We seem to get a slow down in the action around 11am to noon just about every trip out, sometimes a little later.