Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Willard report
Launched by 730 am today. Headed to the area that produced for me last time by the island and tried out my new planer boards ( gonna have to work on that setup) and nothing for two hours. Decided it was a day that I needed to move around and headed towards the light pole changed to #7 jointed and within two minutes had my first walleye. Hung around there for a while and then headed a little South and had some more success. Cleaning fish and tunes by 1145. Super fun day! 
3 walleye 21”,19,18
2 sm bass (didn’t know Willard had em)
1 perch (swallowed the #7 flicker shad)
2 cats
And the elusive one that got away
Good job on locating some willing biters, seems the fish are moving around now to new areas looking for food
(06-09-2022, 10:58 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Launched by 730 am today. Headed to the area that produced for me last time by the island and tried out my new planer boards ( gonna have to work on that setup) and nothing for two hours. Decided it was a day that I needed to move around and headed towards the light pole changed to #7 jointed and within two minutes had my first walleye. Hung around there for a while and then headed a little South and had some more success. Cleaning fish and tunes by 1145. Super fun day! 
3 walleye 21”,19,18
2 cats

Thanks for the report. So, do you think the bite was later or do you think changing location/crankbaits did the trick?  Hate to get up there early for no good reason.  Seems like the bite has slowed a bit the last couple days? 

I bought a couple SR5s in Hot Steel and a couple SR7s in Helsinki Shad today, new colors for me.  Maybe they won't catch fish but they hooked a fisherman. Wink
Single main, no kicker. Wink
I feel like what I was using just wasn’t what they were going after in my first location. I saw people catching. What works one day may not work another. I do feel like I got all my fish at the tail end of the morning bite. I don’t wanna sound like a donkey because I’m not super familiar with Willard but it seems there is a lul in the bite usually in mid afternoon.
Sounds about right, usually starts to taper off here around 11 and then picks up again in the evening.
(06-09-2022, 10:58 PM)Redrebel Wrote: Launched by 730 am today. Headed to the area that produced for me last time by the island and tried out my new planer boards ( gonna have to work on that setup) and nothing for two hours. Decided it was a day that I needed to move around and headed towards the light pole changed to #7 jointed and within two minutes had my first walleye. Hung around there for a while and then headed a little South and had some more success. Cleaning fish and tunes by 1145. Super fun day! 
3 walleye 21”,19,18
2 cats

You did good for fishing just over 4 hours, you must have really got into them those last couple of hours. 
We seem to get a slow down in the action around 11am to noon just about every trip out, sometimes a little later.