Fishing Forum

Full Version: Rockport 5/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, we went out to Rockport today to see how the action is heating up...long story short, it isn't!

I trolled the normal winners in the normal winning spots on top of graphed fish but nothing. Just for kicks, I even anchored over the top of some that I graphed and threw out power bait for the 5 year old figuring if anything will bring them into the boat, that would...nothing...

Finally, I went down to my smallmouth spot down by the dam and just for kicks I tied on the only "luckycraft" lure I have...those things are like $15 each!...I even joked about them a couple of days ago on a Sportsmans post I made...well, two casts and then WHAM, fish on...I was like cool, big smallmouth, then it jumped, and jumped, and jumped again and it was quite a large slimer....pic attached...well, I got the skunk off so I worked the area for 30 more minutes, nothing, so I packed up and headed home.

I think the fish was about 4 pounds...it fought like a beast...for a lake rainbow.

In a nutshell, Jordanelle may still be slow, but I think more fish are active there. Also, Rockport is WAY low!
[signature]
Wow! Now that is a nice fish. Good job.
[signature]
Holly cow, someone caught a fish at Rockport, I did not think it would happen. Thats awesome, I only wish you could catch something from the shore!!!
[signature]
NOT SURE WHATS HAPPENED TO ROCKPORT IT WAS ALWAYS A GOOD PLACE TO GO BUT IT'S WORSE THAN AWFULL THIS YEAR SO FAR..
[signature]
That's a nice bow you've got there. Too bad it was the only fish willing to show it's face! Thanks for the update.
[signature]