Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 5/7
So, we went out to Rockport today to see how the action is heating up...long story short, it isn't!

I trolled the normal winners in the normal winning spots on top of graphed fish but nothing. Just for kicks, I even anchored over the top of some that I graphed and threw out power bait for the 5 year old figuring if anything will bring them into the boat, that would...nothing...

Finally, I went down to my smallmouth spot down by the dam and just for kicks I tied on the only "luckycraft" lure I have...those things are like $15 each!...I even joked about them a couple of days ago on a Sportsmans post I made...well, two casts and then WHAM, fish on...I was like cool, big smallmouth, then it jumped, and jumped, and jumped again and it was quite a large slimer....pic attached...well, I got the skunk off so I worked the area for 30 more minutes, nothing, so I packed up and headed home.

I think the fish was about 4 pounds...it fought like a beast...for a lake rainbow.

In a nutshell, Jordanelle may still be slow, but I think more fish are active there. Also, Rockport is WAY low!
[signature]
Wow! Now that is a nice fish. Good job.
[signature]
Holly cow, someone caught a fish at Rockport, I did not think it would happen. Thats awesome, I only wish you could catch something from the shore!!!
[signature]
NOT SURE WHATS HAPPENED TO ROCKPORT IT WAS ALWAYS A GOOD PLACE TO GO BUT IT'S WORSE THAN AWFULL THIS YEAR SO FAR..
[signature]
That's a nice bow you've got there. Too bad it was the only fish willing to show it's face! Thanks for the update.
[signature]