Fishing Forum

Full Version: hummingbird si
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
was just wondering if any fellow fisherpeople have used the side imaging yet I am wanting to purchase a unit 797c2 si is the model thanks[crazy]
[signature]
I have a 997si. I really enjoy it as a fishing tool. Much of what it displays you will learn what it looks like and what it is with experience. For example you can scan the face of the dam at willard bay and see the christmas trees scattered around the bottom by the light pole. You can see the roads the scrapers used to drive up to put the dirt in on the dam. The lake has a lot of stuff down there and it seems like the fish dont need much structure to hold them. The unit works best on ;my boat when i am trolling with the kicker. The main engine throws a lot of bubbles and tends to block some of the view on the engine side from that interference. Also the combination of the gps, sonar and side imaging is just too much multi-tasking for the screen. By the time you divide the screen up to display the side image, sonar and gps you sacrifice the usefulnes of each of the functions. I would rather have passed on the gps and put in a dedicated gps unit with its own screen. Anyway thats my take on it. Enjoy the unit
[signature]
i have the 898 SI and love it if you set up the short cut keys you can switch back and forth thru 3 screens and eliminate cutting the screen into such small windows

also i suggest getting the biggest screen you can afford
[signature]
I've got the 797 and it works geart but if you have the $$$ get the lager sceen. the si side veiw is a little hard to see and the bigger sceen will help. it's easy to set up and use if you know how to run a fishfinder and I would not get a fishfinder that did not have the si and now the down veiw just made them better. hope this helps.
[signature]
thanks for the advice yall and happy fishing
[signature]