Fishing Forum

Full Version: Glens Elite Ice Shelter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone thought to purchase one of these shelters or have opinions on them? They are cheaper by claiming to cut out the middle man. There is a forum post describing them on a separate forum and wanted to see if anyone here had tried them. About $80 cheaper than Eskimo. I'm not sure which to get at this point. This is the link to the actual shelter site for purchase. They offer free shipping too. This happens to be the best price on Eskimo houses as well.

[url "http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Hub-Style-Fish-Houses-s/8569.htm?searching=Y&sort=9&cat=8569&show=12&page=1&brand=Glen%27s%20Elite%20Outdoors"][/url]http://www.glensoutdoors.com/Hub-Style-Fish-Houses-s/8569.htm?searching=Y&sort=9&cat=8569&show=12&page=1&brand=Glen%27s%20Elite%20Outdoors[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I looked at the site and may order their big shelter, looks like it may be built better than the Eskimo. I have two of the Eskimo 3 man size now, May have to think about selling one of them if I purchase a bigger size. I have enclosed a picture from last winter at Pelican. The wife's is the red one, mine is green, both like new condition.
[signature]
I'm torn between getting a Glen's 4 person and the 6 person. One aspect of the choice is the "tangle factor." Lots of people in a small space = TANGLES!!!
Also, where did you see the free shipping?

Thanks,
Neal
[signature]
I'm sold on the 6 man as well. When you are checking out, put "shantytown" in the coupon code box and it should give free shipping. Doesn't last too much longer though. Don't remember final day but early December I think.
[signature]
I have the Glen's 6 man shelter as well as a new Strike Master power auger on the way. Sold my Eskimo QuickFish3 shelter and my old Jiffy auger right away Sat. morning on KSL. [fishin]
[signature]
I also bought the 6 man and should be here soon. Can't wait to get out and give it a try. Good luck this season.
[signature]
Seeing as how we are nieghbors we may run into each other on the hard deck soon, I just got done ordering some waxies hope they come thru the cold weather ok.
[signature]
Neighbors huh? You in the N. Ogden area? I've been here a little over a year so just learning the local waters. This is the first year of real ice fishing for me. Where did you order waxies from? I am thinking of a personal supply. Also head of spikes but not sure about those. I'm sure our paths will cross on the ice.
[signature]
I live in Syracuse, I ordered 500 on EBAY this is a first this way and thru this dealer but I thought I would try him. Postage was darn near as much as the two tubs of waxies. He guaranteed live delivery so we will see. The dealer I had been getting them from the past couple years always seems to having quite a few dead when I get them, he would always send a free tub of 250 when I complained but I thought I would try some one new.
[signature]
Excellent. If you don't mind, let me know how they look when they arrive. It would be nice to have some on hand. Good luck and see you on the ice.
[signature]
Received my new 6 man ice shelter and my Strikemaster power auger from Glenns yesterday and set the shelter up in the drive way this morning. I think I'm really going to like it, seems to be built better and out of tougher material than my Eskimos. Gased up the new auger and it fire right up I know I will like it if it cuts as well as everyone said they do. It is lighter than my old Jiffy 30 was, I hope it lasts as long with no trouble had the Jiffy for 22 years and only ever changed one set of blades and a couple of plugs.
[signature]
Good to hear. I got mine yesterday as well, but my wife won't let me use it until after christmas. Something about not spoiling Christmas for her. Would have loved to get an auger, but not in the cards right now. Stuck with hand auger. Glad the tent worked out. It was a good find. Enjoy.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up on that, I think we will be happy with them.
[signature]