Fishing Forum

Full Version: Solo Engines?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody have info. on the Solo Engines? On the Stikemaster power drills. I have read some reviews. Want to know what you guys think? Thanks for the info.
[signature]
I have one and love it! Check out this video I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...u9XD3oLO_Q
[signature]
Yeah Thanks i have he lazer mag express with the Tecumseh engine and love it also. Just wanted to buy brother in law one, but did know how the new solo was.
[signature]
I have the same one you do and love it well...so far so good but tecumseh went out bussiness and was replaced with the solos...i guess the tecumseh often have problems with the mufflers????so I've heard anyway..but ya can't go wrong with the solo my buddy northernfisher has one and it kicks ass..
[signature]
The Solo motors are great. I have one on my ProLazer. It fires right up every time. The 3 HP motor punches a 10" hole through thick ice with no problem.

Love it.
[signature]
Solos are great. The only trick is to closely follow the instructions when starting them and the instructions are very simple.. Every problem I heard about them involved not following the starting instructions. Also make sure yiou lie the auger down the right way. Not hard to tell as they have two little projections on the side that should touch the ground. Simple stuff but if follwed the auger will fire up everytime and run forever.
[signature]