Fishing Forum

Full Version: Interference question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have both a Humminbird fish finder and a Cabela's fish camera the fish finder wasn't working as well as before I bought the camera. Will the camera signal mess us the sonar and make it not work right? There was fish below me I could see them on the camera but nothing would show up on the sonar I played with the sencativity and all the other settings but ?
[signature]
I've never had a problem with mine but I can't see why you would use them both at the same time[:/]. Do you have them down the same hole? The only thing, I can think of is the angle of your transducer, if you don't have it at the right angle or the fish is hugging the bottom, you might not pick up the fish on your FF.
[signature]
I had interference by my camera, when trying to pull up some frisky trout.

They kept wrapping around the cable and getting tied up. Managed to land a couple by pulling up the camera cable after they'd looped it.

Curt - why wouldn't you want to use both? Finder lets you know they are down there (in general) and the camera lets you know what kind they are, and how they are responding to your offer.
I hooked up a couple perch - because I saw they mouth my lure - not a tug on the spring bobber.
But with only the camera - I can't see what ELSE is going on - like behind it on the other rod. Plus limited to the specific depth the camera sits.

I gotta pull my fish-finder off my boat!
Cameras do not interfere with your sonar so that wasn't the issue. Since you adjusted your sensivity it is likely your transducer wasn't parallel to water surface ie it was pointed slightly sideways. The Bird ICE setup is known for that issue. Most users I know get rid of the double cord setup and go out a buy a transducer float to avoid that problem.
[signature]
It very well could have been that my transducer was sideways never thought to check it.
Why use both well my camera is only good for the direction it is pointing in the sonar will tell me what is going on in all depth ranges maybe i would try and fish a different depth and just leave the camera where it is is is a pain in the butt to find your bait must of the time thanks for all you info.
[signature]
One thing I do with my camera is point the camera down ie not sideways. I suspend the camera about 5 to 8 ft above my lure - depends on water clarity. You can see your jig and fish approaching from any direction. Jig disappears set hook. Very effective and most cameras have an attachment to let you do this.
[signature]
Do you put it in the same hole as your pole or off to the side. if in the same hole dose it get tangled with you line when you catch a fish?
[signature]
Same hole. Fish ocassionally get wrapped in the cable but it's easy to pull the cable up. I don't use the camera in depths over 20ft very often so I seldom have over 10ft of cable out.
[signature]