Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jig heads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering what type of jig heads you'll like to use with cutt'r bugs and water crickets. Particularly colors combos and where to buy them? I may be crazy, but in my opinion, I don't do very well with the glow white head with orange eye. I've had a of success with plain white with a large black eye, but I'm not sure where to buy them anymore.
[signature]
Sportsmans warehouse has them. White with the black eye works best for me.
[signature]
the new maniac Vertigo jig will keep your knot in position at all times. Best vertical jig made!
I have some glow and white with red eyes/ black pupil.
You never need to adjust the Knot.
[signature]
maniac can you post a pic of jigs
[signature]
What brand of hooks are your jigs made from maniac? Sounds like great idea if the hooks are of good quality.
[signature]
I use an orange head with white body with swirly tail 1/8 and they work really well never fail for ice fishing, i got them at sportsmans

if you are looking for a retriever i use chartruese body swirly tail with a green 1/8 head and a single black eye no red
[signature]
These jigs are made with Mustad extra strond ultra point #4.
Check them out on my web site maniaccustomlures.com
[signature]
I was reading up on Tungsten use in jig-heads, especially for ice. Heavy as gold, very strong.
Found a few spots that carry them. In particular I like these ones with a "jewel" in the head.

I could not keep the fish off that sticky hook! Bit of flash, bit of glow, and small - tiny tiny. Hooked up loads of perch, and kept getting swiped by trout too - just didn't want them breaking them off! They aren't cheap.
And honestly - sometimes a simple ice jig with some glow and a spot - long as it's tipped - and you're on fish, you're in business!

I really like a lot of the Maniac plastics too. Gizzy bugs - and any little glowy, flashy, fluttery thing. Rat finky's do great.

I know TD has posted a number of his jig-head creations. You might search some past posts too.

Don't have links handy. PM me if you want - or if enuf interest - will find and post.
Where can i get some of those? PM if you want.

Thanks,

Justin
[signature]
marmooshka jigs are one of my favorite to use for all panfish! They are made of tungstein, they are tiny but sink faster than anythinng else, very sharp hooks with a longer shank. They arent to expensive, sportsmans used to have a good selection but i have since purchased them online
Coyote spinner - where do you buy individual technical data bumblee jigs? cuz all i can find is the 6 to 9 packs and i dont really need that many
[signature]
I'm with ya Cat, there is a few in the pack that I like the color of and would rather buy 10 of the ones I like and not the assortment pack. Please tell me there's a way cause I'm not seeing it.
[signature]
Couple sources that carry Tungsten. Don't know if they all offer package sales or individual.
Just didn't want to sound like a sales pitch. I have no affiliation beyond being a happy customer.

[url "http://www.yourbobbersdown.com/"]www.yourbobbersdown.com [/url]
[url "http://www.bentleyfishing.com/"]www.bentleyfishing.com [/url]
[url "http://www.customjigsandspins.com/"]www.customjigsandspins.com [/url]

are the main sites mentioned in an article from In-Fisherman mag on "The Heavy Head Revolution" (Win2010/11).

It's something when the jig-eyelet is so small I can hardly shove my 4lb test thru it! (I'm not going lower and lose these jems to some phat trout thrashing about!)

UPDATE:
The Bentley site has the [font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2]Swarovski* Crystals [/size][/#ff0000][/font]but they do seem to only come in packs - 6 being the smallest.
I just popped them a request as to whether you can get "custom" packs - or select just a single color. I'll let you know if I hear back.
The other two sites seem to both have individual jigs available. Some of those Wolfram Fiskas have some slick patterns.

And I hear ya - I'd be thrilled to CATCH a big trout on my little jigs, just said I don't want to LOSE the jig to a trout! (there's a green one in some Hyrum trout! If you find it - I'll buy it back! Green was good color!)

Those spidery devils seem interesting. Hinged hooks so you can drop down through the weeds.
No worries, didn't sound like a sales pitch to me. Actually sounds like a great jig that I would like to try. I was just with Catman that I don't want to buy a whole pack of them that I would only use just a couple. Thanks for the info and I'm always willing to try something new and appreciate when people put it out there. I gotta disagree though, I would take the chance on losing a couple dollar jig to pull up a nice 5lb trout.
[signature]