Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 131,441
» Latest member: Bootcatcher
» Forum threads: 231,744
» Forum posts: 343,131

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 456 online users.
» 7 Member(s) | 444 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, catchinon, chrisg602, meancuznalfy, Sheldon Reesor, smokepoles, stalefisherman

Latest Threads
Spring Flotilla 2024 ???
Forum: Utah Fishing General
Last Post: catchinon
5 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 50
Blue ribbon survey
Last Post: Bassin_Blitz
32 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 199
Otter Creek 4/23/2024
Last Post: Saltslam
2 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 216
Fontanelle report
Last Post: SkunkedAgain
2 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 171
Storing Night Crawlers ??...
4 hours ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 476
2024 Summer Challenge.......
Forum: Utah Contests
4 hours ago
» Replies: 19
» Views: 349
Willard Frustration 4-23-...
Last Post: TubeDude
4 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 516
Deer Creek 4/24
Last Post: doitall5000
Today, 02:27 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 232
Echo Res. Sat. Apr. 20
Last Post: FishfulThinkin
Yesterday, 04:51 PM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 533
Chilly Waves on Utah Lake...
Last Post: Piscophilic
Yesterday, 01:27 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 282

The Best Weapon for Ice-Fishing
Posted by: davetclown - 11-21-2002, 11:17 PM - Forum: Fishing Tackle Tips - No Replies

[size 1]I found an artical written by Kenny Darwin in the Game & Fish magazine [/size][size 1]about an electronical device for ice fishing called a flasher.[/size]

[size 1]has any one ever herd of this devise and what advantages dose it hold over fish/depth finders?[/size]
[signature]

Print this item

Angler's Marine Bass-a-thon
Posted by: socalbasser - 11-21-2002, 05:04 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

Is anyone in the Greater Los Angeles/Orange County area going to attend the 16th Annual Angler's Marine Bass-a-thon November 23-24, 2002? Scheduled to appear is Jay Yelas, Rick Clunn, Jimmy Houston, Art Berry, Mike O'Shea and Skeet Reese. These fine gentlemen will be doing seminars with Jimmy Houston set to raffle off a new Tracker boat and trailer on the 24th. Angler's Marine in Anaheim, CA is just down the road from Disneyland will be the spot for all bass anglers in this area. They'll be plenty of new tackle items for sale as well. The local bass fishing radio show on Saturday nights out here "Bass Weekly" with Hosts Jan Prestella and Jerry Gusman are scheduled to do a remote broadcast from the event also. See you all at Angler's Marine on the 23rd & 24th of November![cool]
[signature]

Print this item

Corona Lake Thunder And Ligtning are here
Posted by: rvwitt - 11-21-2002, 05:00 PM - Forum: California Fishing Information - No Replies

Last night the Lightning and Thunder Trout Arrived.

I was out helping them stock the lake last night and we got some nice size fish in.

There where some nice size Lightning and Thunder in this stocking.

Here is another scoop for you all in Jan. we will be stocking the Brooks, Browns, Tigers, And Steelheads.

COME OUT HAVE FUN AND RELAX AND REMEMBER IT WOULD NOT BE FISHING IF YOU CAUGHT FISH ALL THE TIME.

[Smile]
[signature]

Print this item

Duck Hunting conditions?
Posted by: SKEETER2 - 11-21-2002, 02:45 AM - Forum: Hunting - No Replies

Predator so how's the Duck hunting been? Are the marshs froze yet? When are we going?

SKEETER
[signature]

Print this item

El Dorado Lake Kids Tourney
Posted by: gvanzant - 11-20-2002, 05:49 PM - Forum: Freshwater Fishing General - No Replies

This Saturday there is a kids tournament from 7:00A to noon in the Lake off Wardlow Road. You have to enter the park on Spring Street and drive through the Park to this lake. All the bait is furnished and in the past all kids got something in the raffle. The winners get a new bicycle. There are some nice prizes. A carp usually wins it.
[signature]

Print this item

Windy Again
Posted by: bajafly - 11-20-2002, 05:37 PM - Forum: Mexico Fishing General - No Replies

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]REPORT FROM GARY GRAHAM'S BAJA ON THE FLY:[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]PROVIDING QUALITY SALTWATER FLY-FISHING 365 DAYS A YEAR IN BAJA[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: bajafly@usa.net; USA toll-free (800) 919-2252;[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Mexico 011-52-614-14-10373[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wed., Nov. 20, 2002[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]EAST CAPE, MAGDALENA BAY AND ZIHUATANEJO CONDITIONS[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]EAST CAPE, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]IN GENERAL: A North Wind might be the wind surfers’ delight, but it sure put[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]a stop to fishing this week. For the most part everybody decided to wait for[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]the wind to back off. Through this morning (11/20) it is still ripping.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Thanks to Michael Oneal for the great article on Baja featured in the New[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]York Times on Fri. (11/15). To view it, go to:[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/15/travel/escapes/15BAJA.html?pagewanted=1"][#800080][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/15/travel/escapes/15BAJA.html?pagewanted=1[/font][/size][/#800080][/url]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]AIR & SEA -[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water temperature 84° F / 77° F[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Air temperature 68 - 91[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Humidity about 60%[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wind WNW at 7 mph[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Conditions Mostly Cloudy (BKN) : 20,000 ft[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sunrise 6:35 AM MST[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sunset 5:36 PM MST[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Last Quarter 27 New Dec 4 First Quarter Dec 11 Full Dec 19[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]· OFFSHORE: When the wind settles down, the billfish fishing has been[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]fair to good with sailfish still putting on a show. Dorado still seem to be[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]hanging around under anything floating, but the tuna continue to be a long[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]ways away to the south. With the North Wind, the trip home is slow and wet.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]· INSHORE: Pretty tough with the wind.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]· BEACH: Forget it until the wind backs off.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]BILLFISH - Still decent sailfish.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]YELLOWFIN TUNA - Still being found under the porpoise way down to the south.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]DORADO - Best bet is the shark buoys in front of Punta Pescadero.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]ROOSTERFISH - There continue to be some quality fish near the lighthouse[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]when[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]the wind backs off.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]JACK CREVALLE - Still chasing the sardina near shore.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]BARRILETE OR MEXICAN SKIPJACK - Plenty of schools sighted from La Ribera to[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Punta Colorada.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]PARGO AND CABRILLA - Rancho Leonero cove was the hot spot.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]SIERRA - Plenty around the bait receivers in front of La Ribera.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]MAGDALENA BAY, BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]IN GENERAL: This week the zone moved further to the North near and around[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]the[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Thetis Bank. Striped marlin continued to bite with a vengeance with most[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]boats reporting releases in the double digits. Add to that the continued[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]showing of dorado, tuna and wahoo and you come up with some tired anglers at[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]the end of the day.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It is seldom that we can offer a last minute opportunity for our clients to[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]experience the extraordinary fishery of Magdalena Bay. We still have two[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]rods available on the Dec. 5-13 trip. Don't miss out. Give Yvonne a call[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]at 800 919 2252. For more information visit us at[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]http://www.bajafly.com/mag_bluewater.htm[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Finally, there are some quality yellowtail at the entrada, with several fish[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]caught in the 20 pound class. This is deep water stuff and you need to use a[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]shooting head together with a heavy fly like a Baja Deep Diver.[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.bajafly.com/baja_deepdiver.htm"][#800080][size 3][font "Times New Roman"]http://www.bajafly.com/baja_deepdiver.htm [/font][/size][/#800080][/url][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Up in the mangroves, the[/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]currents were strong and made fishing tough. Several snook up to 10 pounds,[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]a few snapper and corvina was the best single day’s catch this week.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I will be going down for our first mangrove trip of 2003, Jan. 3-7. If you[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]want to join me for a shot at the snook as well as other critters, call[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Yvonne at 800 919 2252 or visit [/size][/font][url "http://www.bajafly.com/magjantrip.htm"][font "Times New Roman"][#800080][size 3]http://www.bajafly.com/magjantrip.htm[/size][/#800080][/font][/url]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water Temperature 72 - 79[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Temperature 60° F - 80 °F[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Humidity 86%[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wind Calm[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Conditions Clear.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sunrise 6:46 AM MST[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sunset 5:41 PM MST[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Last Quarter Nov 27 New Dec 4 First Quarter Dec 11 Full Dec 19[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]YELLOWTAIL - Best quality fish at the entrada, smaller guys at Punta Hughes.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]CORVINA - Good throughout the bay.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]SNOOK - Devil's Curve and Mario's Spot produced the best action in spite of[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]the strong currents.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]HALIBUT - Got Chartreuse Clousers get Halibut.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]SIERRA - A few schools are being seen near the entrada.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]ZIHUATANEJO, MAINLAND MEXICO[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]REPORT BY BAJA ON THE FLY'S ED KUNZE[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]IN GENERAL: The fishing for 20- to 25-pound dorado has been decent. There[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]are[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]still a lot of weed lines left over from the previous last two storms. The[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]sailfish action and tuna have yet to pick up. Most boats are averaging three[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]to four dorado and one sailfish.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Water Temperature 72 - 79[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Temperature 73° F - 88 °F[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Humidity 83%[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Wind calm[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Conditions Clear[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sunrise 6:53 AM CST[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Sunset 6:12 PM CST[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Last Quarter 27 New Dec 4 First Quarter Dec 11 Full Dec 19[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Roosterfish action has been excellent with four 25- to 40-pound fish a day[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]the average.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]--Ed Kunze[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]For more Information on our Zihuatanejo trips, go to:[/size][/font]

[url "http://www.bajafly.com/Zihuatanejo.htm"][font "Times New Roman"][#800080][size 3]http://www.bajafly.com/Zihuatanejo.htm[/size][/#800080][/font][/url]

[signature]

Print this item

Fishing on the Peshtigo River in Peshtigo WI
Posted by: fishinwithsteph - 11-20-2002, 05:28 PM - Forum: Wisconsin Fishing General - No Replies

WEll, THis weekend my buddy and I went down to the Peshtigo RIver in Peshtigo WI. We had heard that the Browns and Steelhead were hitting pretty good. We got there and instead of hitting all the browns and steelhead we hit a ton of 8-12 in. Rainbows. I could see the browns surfacing but they would not hit. ANyway,It was a blast. I had really never been fishing in a blizzard before, but it was great. IT snowed basically all day, and like two morons, we were wading in the river not being able to feel our feet. It was a great time with the fly-rod. I will be going down again this week and weekend. Hopefully I will be able to hook into a couple of those browns. The rainbows were biting on just some fake spawn. You could not keep them off the hook.

DOuglas
[signature]

Print this item

Kentucky Lake & Lake Barkley
Posted by: malcolm - 11-20-2002, 12:26 PM - Forum: Kentucky Fishing General - No Replies

Crappie fishing is the best we have had all year. Most are suspended around brush in 10' to 14' of water. MisterTwister tails fished on 1/16 oz. head are working best. Mepps in #1 and #2 blades are also working well. Smallmouth are on the pea gravel banks just inside the major bays. Largemouth are feeding on shad farther back inside the bays. The whitebass are also feeding on the shad inside the bays. Sassy Shad and Mepp's Aglias are the better bait choices. Bluegill have slowed but are hitting live bait at 6' to 8'.

TIP: Sometimes a simple color change will trigger the hit you have been waiting for.

BIT AND PIECES: If you don't believe in yourself, how can you get anyone else to?
[signature]

Print this item

Tryin to spend my money
Posted by: road - 11-20-2002, 04:33 AM - Forum: Utah Fishing General - No Replies

Here's a story for you. I went to Gaylan's to buy/look at reels today. Talked to a nice sales person who tried to be helpful. I explained what I wanted in a spinning reel, min number of bearings, it's intended use, and that it must have a high quality drag system. He pulled out a few, set them on the counter for me to inspect. I looked them over (prices ranged from $19 to $35). I asked him to remove the ones with palstic insides, 4 left right away. I then asked him to remove any that had palomor gears or parts inside and the rest left. So we talked some more and he pulled out a couple of Diawas, a Shakespere, and 2 Quantums. I played withthem for a few minutes, handed him back one of the Diawas and the Shakespere. I then asked him if it would be possible if I tried them out. He looked puzzled so I said I would need them spooled and a casting plug. Oh could I use one of your rods also and i walked over and picked up an ugly stick like mine. He thouhgt I was kidding. When i convinced that I was not he stated that they didn't do that there. I just had to buy the reel and go try it out fishing. If I didn't like they have a 30 day money back policy. So i put back the other items I was buying and headed over to Sportmens Warehouse in SLC. I am Sad to say it resulted in the same.

So i headed down to Orem to see my sister-in-law and while I was there I went over to Garts. Got a couple of xmas gifts for the kids and headed ove to Sportmens Warehouse in Provo. Went throuhg the same thing explained what I wanted and told the kid up front that I would like to try them out. He said no on had ever asked him to do that before, "but what weight line would you like them spooled with 4# or 6#". To make a long story shorter I took 5 outside casted them a bit. Then settled on the Quantum Catalyst. So I am now the proud new owner of a Quantum and maybe I will move from the stone ages in equipment now. I plan on going to the Berry in the morning to try it out. If it is as nice on the water as it is off I may have to retire my Mitchell to a back-up status. Thanks to all those who offered theri advice and experences. BTW it was a pleasure shopping at Sportmens Provo store and i ended up spending way to much money, but FB2 will have a very nice xmas this year.
[signature]

Print this item

Finally got one
Posted by: AFDan52 - 11-20-2002, 01:36 AM - Forum: Hunting - No Replies

[Smile] I finally got my first Elk, Saturday morning about 8am. I got a big cow, she weighed in just over 400lbs. I was very excited but was Sad that the hunt was over so soon. Oh well there's always next year.

AFDan52
[signature]

Print this item