Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 2nd day 2017
Got back out on WB Sunday with the wife. This time from the north marina to do some waypoint setting in the new Hook 7 at that end of the lake. For a medium priced, not too fancy, new sonar with down scan, I am getting the hang of it and it seems to be quite accurate for my needs.
Stayed mostly at the northern 1/3 of WB between the marina outlet and the west wall. Didn't paint anywhere near as many fish in the north as I did down south on Friday. But sure got a new view of what the bottom looks like..[sly]. Finally dropped the anchor out near the start of the old road bed on the east side near the camp grounds, hooked up some worms, and set to drowning them. Wife concentrated on holding her rod, and I locked mine in the holders and started renaming the waypoints I had saved earlier in the day. The weather was nice, not too hot for me, and almost not too cold for her, but I have a hunch the summer is coming quick and will be hot cuz the bugs were already starting to get pesky. Then while I'm bent over playing with my new electronics, the wife very calmly says, "think I got a bite" oh...you betcha she did. She reeled, and I did what any gentleman husband on a fishing boat would do.....screamed, are you kidding me???!!! [laugh] Not really, I grabbed the net and made sure she didn't loose the first boated fish of this year. No it wasn't a near 30 incher like some of those old guys in the south team have already hooked. But it was respectable for an early spring WB Cat in 48* water. Because she caught it, I'm not gonna cheat and call it mine for the contest,(that's why the BFT Placard isn't in the photos) but I did try to get a photo of it on the bump board. My old flip phone camera just wont go wide enough, but the photo she took with her smart phone (upside down at that) was clearer than mine as far as the size. Was a nice day, good weather, and great company.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Catfish are SUPPOSED to be released in a hot oil bath. [Wink][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Congrats to your bride for 'Gitten r done.'[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Thanks for the report Forest, glad you got a cat in the boat. Later J
[signature]
Yep, and I usually do. But the bride only likes TO fish, not clean, cook or eat fish. And we were not going to have time that evening for me to prepare them, so, what the hey, let him go, maybe catch him some other time.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool