Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braided fishing line
In your opinion what is the best braided fishing line for tiger Muskie and what pound test? Also from the braided line to the lure what do you use fluorocarbon or steel leader? Thanks for any help.
[signature]
I like the power pro it's cheap buy it at wal mart I use 30lb I've never broke it!? I've used both mono and steel leaders caught muskies with both? I do like the little copper wire looking leaders because they're strong and small not as noticeable in the water? Then again guys catch them on 2lb crappie rigs just the same!? Hope this helps!!
[signature]
most braids are good one trick you need to know is spool it on very tight use a glove or towel if you can sink your thumbnail into the line its to loose and will dig in on a hookset and the next cast will hurt,,trust me...good luck tight lines
[signature]
I like 50lb power pro braid with a wire leader. Muskie can cut braid if the lure ends up well inside the mouth. I even use 50lb braid on big bass at times.
[signature]
65-80# Power Pro is what we use with a 12#mono backing on reel. Plus we make our own 80-120# fluorocarbon leaders 15-18" for casting and 36" For trolling. Wire leaders are okay but can cause damage to fish skin when they alligator roll in net. Never had an issue with terminal tackle except Angler error on buying low price gear lessons learned not to be repeated.
[signature]