Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inflatable Lifevest
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I'm in the process of stocking a new boat with all of the required and desired safety & fishing equipment, one of which is PFDs. Since they will be used on a boat, splashed water is not much of a threat to setting them off so I'm looking at automatic/manual type vests. Cost is a major factor as most of these type PFDs start around $100 and range upwards into the high $200.

I found what I thought was a killer deal on the Internet, but found out after I actually got them delivered that they were NOT USCG Approved. Aaaarrrggh!
Luckily, the Chinese company I got them from was fair and took them back for a full refund. Lesson learned here was make sure they are USCG Approved BEFORE ordering them.

Still looking for that killer deal and have found some Oynx A/M 24s under $90 with free shipping on Amazon. Waiting to hear back from a seller with an assurance they are in fact USCG Approved.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The manual only vests (A-24 models) are also available on Amazon for under $90.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."