Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Cascade
I’ve contemplated doing a trip to cascade in Idaho for a few years now and am about ready to make the leap but don’t know much about locations it’s such a long drive was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to get into some big perch
[signature]
Well not looking good for ice up there at all. Same weather as we’re having here. Just got back this past Tuesday. Recommend you and any others contact Tackle Toms in Cascade for latest ice conditions. An ATV went through a weekend or so ago along with several Anglers walking all are safe. Access points shorelines are going. Not looking good past this weekend to be honest unless there is a super cold polar vortex coming in that’s not seen on all forecasts we follow. Glad we got our 3 trips in
[signature]
Well that’s not quite what I wanted to hear ha ha but thanks for the info I appreciate it
[signature]
I'll be up there today. Brought sleds but dont think I'll be using them. Talked to Tackle Toms on Wednesday and they said ice can be accessed at Poison Creek. But if on foot getting to perch spots will be a long walk. I'll stop by his place today to get more info and post it.
[signature]
If you can't make an ice fishing trip due to conditions try it this summer from a boat We had a blast the last time we went up for the big perch, plan on going again for a few days the beginning of June.[fishon]
[signature]
I've read some of your posts from Cascade (soft water) and with the weather being what is, would like to pull the boat up there.

Just wanted to get your insite as what I need to expect on taking the boat, like inspections, locations to stay, etc.

Thanks,
[signature]
Stay at Birch Glen Lodge . Very clean , low prices . Invasive spieces sticker is $ 20 to 25 dollars. You can get it online . Just put it on you boat and you are good to go . Poison Creek is a state park and they charge $5 bucks per day to launch and park .
[signature]
Thanks, now to just convince the family !
[signature]
If they like to catch and eat big Perch . Show them some YouTube videos of ice fishing Cascade , Idaho . The room i recomended is less than $70.00 A night . Has two queen size beds , cable tv . Small fridge ,micro wave . Very friendly owners they will make you feel at home . They have a utility room to clean your fish in .
[signature]
The Idaho AIS decal was $20 for nonresident last year. The price has changed to $30, I just received mine.
[signature]