Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL 5/15/2018
Embarked upon our journey around 10. The water in the harbor war 60.9 and me and my special needs son was headed to bird island to start our day. We got there to find we were the only ones out there on a beautiful day. The weather temps was 61.4. The first fish hit after about 0 minutes but quickly broke my line with its roll. My son got one on 5 minutes later but is still learning the reeling part and needing face the direction of the of the fish (had his back towards it lol) so that one broke off as well. We weren’t doing well getting them to the boat. A few minutes later I finally got one in. It was a small 19"er. My son wanted mud flats so we left to appease and headed over there. We anchored up between weed beds and waited about 20 minutes and my son got one on. In his excitement of reeling and not reeling and not controlling the fish he managed to get the fish to the boat with both my lines and the anchor line. Just beautiful ordeal. I pulled the anchor in and there was just enough line for the fish to be netted. I got my lines sorted out, his fish which was a nice 24.5" on the fish line, and the anchor back in the water. Awhile later I managed mr 19"er twin cousin in the boat which ended up being the last fish we landed. We ended up losing 5 fish total to broken lines or not them getting off the hook. But I’m happy with 3, less fillet work. When we left the water temp was at 64 degrees at 1pm.
[signature]
Good job on getting your son out and catching a couple fish while you were at it. They should be coming on.
[signature]
Great report and even a greater dad. You probably would have had a good outing without catching but your son had better time with a fish on.
Keep it up!
[signature]
It’s terrible trying to talk him into going fishing but last trip we caugh 17 total between 3 of of us and my son caught 7 and then this trip he caught one. It was devastating to him when I told him we had to go in. He wanted to stay and try and catch more. If I didn’t have to get in I would have but he is getting in the spirit of fishing and how fun it is to catch these cats. Thanks for reply’s guys. I let my son read them and show him the support of others on his success.
[signature]