Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Jordan inlet 5-16
Had a blast lat night at the Utah Lake Jordan river inlet. The best way to blow off steam after after work.

It was fun to get into the white bass since it's been so long since I caught any. Doubled up a couple of times on my tandem rig. Carp and cats were jumpin' the whole time. (what do cats jump for? do they eat flies?)

I had been catching white bass on a small (2"-ish) gulp minnows under a bobber. When it got dark I put a little glow stick on the bobber. Probably the most excitement of the night happened when the whole bobber went under, and the glow-stick started zipping up and down the river, lighting the water under the surface in the dark, as I fought what I was sure was going to be my first ever walleye. It was just a 24" cat but it sure was fun to fight seeing the glow-stick zoom around like that.

Ended the night catching 5 nice channel cats 24-26". the 26 incher was over 8 pounds. I didn't have my BFT contest sign with me Sad but it sure was a blast to catch. I let all the cats go as I have some at home in the freezer. I kept a bunch of white bass to make some tacos. Most cats were caught on white bass meat or chicken liver (I just started using that as bait and love it! it catches tons of cats and is relatively cheap.)
[signature]
Nice work! Great pics.

Not trying to steal your spot but how to you get to the Jordan inlet? I’m sure I could look it up. I live by the Lehi Costco and would love to put my son on some white bass.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Hope this helps...and that your son is properly introduced to some fast fishing for white bass.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
The Jordan River comes out of the lake at two points close together. One point comes through what looks like a flood gate with a bridge, the other point goes through a pump station. You can search google maps for Saratoga Springs inlet park, that's a good place to park.

Fishing for white bass was pretty good there, but I hear it's even better at some of the rivers that flow into the lake, like the one by Lindon marina, or even better on the Provo river as close as you can get to the lake.
[signature]
Oops! TD beat me to it.
[signature]
Great report! Thanks for sharing it and the pictures. That cat is a toad!
[signature]
Great information, the kids can have a great time using small crome meps spinners. Any report about the north end of UK just west of American fork harbor?
[signature]
Last I heard, the AF river (to the west of the harbor) wasn't running very well, but people were still catching them around the harbor.

At the Jordan river inlet I didn't have many casts without a bite. I was twitching jigs around 2 feet under a bobber (too much vegetation where I was to jig along the bottom). I would jig with frequent stops.
[signature]