Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alicia ayers, chicamauga, largemouth, july 7 2018, none
Eerie Feeling !!! I have got to post this story, keep forgetting to every time I've been on here . This happened back in fall when water just pulled down .Fishing from the bank and out on the campers point by myself . Got out of my car and went dn to ck for any feeding activity , had been to some other spots and nothing, but grass was still looking great here and there was minnows darting everywhere , and mostly what I was looking for was those big swirls that told me there was some good fish in there feeding !!! yea!!! found some fish so lets see if they will play !! so am in a hurry to go back up hill to car and get my rods with a frog, a magnum fluke and a rat . Notice I said uphill ..... with the water dn had to go up to car ! Now , I'm pushing it when I say I'm 5ft. tall, so anyway , I get back dn to waters edge and make a cast or two .There are no campers and still totally by myself, not a sole or creature around ! I'm fishing away ,get a blow up on my white rat !!! Anxious to throw back out and catch big girl in the grass and all of a sudden , I'm getting this real Eerie Feeling I'm being watched or stalked !! Very Scary feeling , I slowly turn to my right and looking eye to eye with the biggest blue heron with the biggest beak > He came out of nowhere and heading for my rat still floating on the grass !! Oh Thit!!!! So, I yank my line away and hurry to get in and he's going berserk attacking from every angle ! Totally oblivious to my threats and yells !! Try to hit him with the reel end of rod and he's going for the bait end , I grab another rod with the fluke thinking he wouldn't go after it , and he's still after the white rat ! Put the rat inside a plastic bag I took dn with me with extra baits and now he's going after my fluke !! Can"t say all the cuss words that started flying out of my mouth !! I even threw rocks at him would not go away and leave me alone .. so hid the fluke in the bag ! no baits showing , so ok, Ill ease around the corner over to the crappie tree in the water and maybe he'll go away. Got over there, and I couldn't see him anymore so gave it a few minutes and threw out my frog !! OH THIT , THIT! here he comes again , charging my frog ! By this time I realize I'm not going to win this battle with this giant bird without a shotgun to blast him away !! Gather my things and throw in car and give the old Bird," the Old bird" and up yours you SOB!!! I was so mad !! Thats 4 episodes I've had with birds and have encountered 4 snakes on the bank this year !! And people swim in that water !!! LOL!!!! All going to get a good laugh outta this story even though every word is true