Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG or Strawbeery Koke updates ?
Hi all! Heading to FG next week and maybe Strawbeery this weekend. Any updates on either? Success, colors, speeds, etc
[signature]
I haven't been to the Gorge, but Strawberry was pretty good on Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday were slower. So just like always some days are better than others. The fish are getting a bit bigger. The first 4 we got were 3.5 to 4 lb fish. All big enough to tear up my tackle.

Fished down 45', RMT pink moonshine dodgers and purple moonshine dodgers did the best. I started two of 4 poles with green, but green was a 1 hit wonder so traded out for purple.

Speed as always 1.5 mph.
[signature]
Thanks Brookie and congrats!! Will keep you updated !!
[signature]
IMO, it's in it's slow-down on the Strawbery side....very good action in June and early July however....still producing nice fish, and if you can sort through all the various size cutts, you'll have a good morning of fishing....just plan on being out on the water longer....Guluk....
[signature]
I can't really disagree especially this week on Monday and Tuesday, however Wednesday turned around. We got these (two person limit) by about 0930.
[signature]
Great fish!! Congrats and thanks for the report !!
[signature]
I went to FG yesterday morning to rescue a relative with boat trouble. we didn't get on the water until 9AM. Very slow bite yesterday for us, as well as others we talked to. We did end up getting a nice 4lb male just starting to turn colors, and finished out with 5 more for our limit but those were I would say year 2 sizes at about 13-14 inchers with 6 more released at the water that were under 12 inch. All lived! Took all day to do it though. Pink on Pink and some orange, green did not produce.
[signature]
Thanks Sam! We will be fishing Tues to Thurs next week and I will post how it went!!
[signature]

We were out Thursday. We were on the water by 5:10. At one time early in the morning, we had 3 fish on at once, all cuts. Left the lake at 3:00 without ever seeing a koke all day. I know some other people were catching them but we could not buy a bite from a koke. We fished every color combination, everyplace we had ever previously marked a koke and at every speed from 1-2 mph.
Very discouraging.

When we came home the neighbor asked how we had done.
We were complaining about the fishing, but didn't get much sympathy when it came out that we had caught 15 cutthroats ranging from 16-20 inches. That's when I realized what a fish snob I had become.

Agreed that they don't fight (we had 5 big cuts come in where we were not sure we even had a fish on until it got close enough to see. They basically just swam up to the boat for us to release them).
But for a "normal" person those cuts would be the fish of a lifetime.
[signature]
We were at the Gorge on Monday, Tues and Wed. The koke fishing was far from fast and furious but we still managed to get 3 each in about 2 hours each day. We were fishing for mac early and then later for kokes. My experience has been that if you want kokes, start early. The fishing has always been better for me then. It still was not too bad later in the day.
[signature]