Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linclon today
Hooked up with Catchinon today for a go at Lincoln. Arrived at about 7:15 a.m. to some rough seas but decided to give it a try in hopes that the wind would die down. Too rough to drag baits so we took up shelter on the south side of the of the south arm. Looked like we were going to continue Catchinon's streak of bad luck after we only caught three cats... but two of them were 29 inchers so the trip was a smashing success. The water was rough all morning or we would have caught those 30+ers we were after. Good trip with good company.

Water in the channel was showing 1.3 to 1.6 on my finder. My trailer dropped off the end of the ramp and I had to use my 4x4 grunt gear to pull the boat out. Launching would probably be better from the gravel on the south side of the ramp but would require 4x4 to pull out. Water temp was 68 degrees with no ugly algae goo. We had no trouble getting out of the channel using the trimmed up prop. Still might be able to get in a couple more trips before water is too low.

Pleasure to fish with Catchinon even if we only caught three. His 29 incher should give him a good boost in his score and my 29 incher will give my one inch. I still have not found a 30 incher this year... so far.

Good trip Catchinon, thanks for joining me.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]Gee, sorry I missed the wind...as I forecast. But glad you at least found some quality fish. Congrats to C-man.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]The 30 plus inchers are waiting for our next hookup.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Next week?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Oh, so you're the guy who Lynn was bad-mouthing. I shoulda known. [sly]
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Yep, as planned TD.

You might need to whup up another batch of Gorilla Fligs… Catchinon's 29 incher mangled one of mine and he might want to place an order himself.

Hate to admit it but the wind was as you called it... 8-10 from the NW. Tough fishin' but we had a good trip anyway.

BLK
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sometimes I hate it when I'm right. Over the years I have never had good trips when the wind blows into Lincoln Beach from the north. I have had a lot of trips where I was catching the heck out of fish while the breezes were from a southerly direction...and then once the wind shifted from the north it was like all the fish disappeared.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I still owe you some fligs for all that stuff you downloaded to me. I got a fair supply of most colors in the GFs. Will bring the box when I come down next week. Cross your fingers, cross your eyes, cross your legs or anything else crossable that we have enough water to get out on the lake and that Mama Nature stays on her meds.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yes, sir, if you are coming down sometime soon I would sure like to get some fligs from you. I forgot to mention a few firsts for me today. A couple are: the first time I fished with a flig and the first time I caught something on a flig. I'm sold. Let me know how we can work something out. Thanks
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I was thinking about putting in down there until you said your trailer dropped off the end, thats a little to skinny of water for me I think. glad to see you guys do ok even with a norwester.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
[#0000FF]If you look on the 4-Sale board, I have a couple of PDF files on fligs. One tells how to fish them. The other shows the different styles and colors...with pricing.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Depending on how many you want, I can either mail them to you or bring them down on my next trip. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
MSM-- Yep, water is probably a little too thin for a nice rig like yours. You'll have to access those walleye you catch from Provo -- no big deal.

I know Ice_Sled is anxious to get his new boat on the water but he will probably have to go to Provo as well... or use his puddle jumper. I'd like to get a look at his new boat, new rods, and multiple fire extinguishers.[Wink]

Fish on.

BLK
[signature]
HaHa. If this boat burns I’m going to start golfing and maybe drinking. Still ain’t got over how fast a boat can burn. Going to hit the area around Provo Boat Harbor midday tomorrow. If the wind blows I will fish iinside the harbor. Going to vacation some next month but don’t know when for sure. Hopefully they will be willing to put on the feedbag and give us some good fall fishing.
[signature]
Maybe I'll hit Provo Harbor tomorrow after school on the chance I can check out your new ride. What time do you think you'll be leaving? I'll probably be fishing right off the ramps anyway.
[signature]

Hey BLK,

I fished out of Provo on the 20th with a long time fishing buddy from AZ. We got 11 cats, he got one barely 30" so no contest bump for me. The size was good overall with only 4 of the cats under 27. Only 2 of the cats came inside the harbor. The water was rough at dawn but actually settled down after about 8:30 A.M.

Things are crazy right now but I'll try to get a full report in the next day or so.

Fall fishing is starting!

Glad you guys had some fun!
[signature]
Nice report Lynn and glad you got some nice fish... Congrats... J
[signature]