Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
s.c. or strawberry
I am taking my son and his friends fishing sunday. They havnt ice fished before. what part of the lake would be best for us for fishing that is not to hard to walk to?
[signature]
The Marina at Strawberry is your best bet, we fished at Chicken Creek today, walking in and out of there was brutal.
[signature]
How was the fishing???
[signature]
Slow, only got 5 slot cuts the largest 21 inches and lost a pretty good Rainbow at the hole. Caught half on a tungsten jig dead stick and the others on 1.5 inch glow tube, 2 on the bottom and the others less than 10 feet under the ice.
[signature]
How was the slush? It was very bad last Saturday.
[signature]
thanks for the info. i will report our success.
[signature]
No issues with slush, the knee deep blowing snow between the parking lot and the ice was the main challenge, once we where on the ice there was six inches of snow on top of 6 inches of partially frozen slush on 12+ inches of ice. I am 250lbs and didn’t break through the snow to the slush, it was a challenge getting a good purchase on the ice anchors without getting wet cold hands, the wind was howling today.
[signature]
Thanks! That's a bug improvement from last weekend.
[signature]
Good ice. No slush. Slow fish.
[signature]
Thanks we went up Sunday it was a very light bite as I was the only one with a flasher unit and caught 9 vs 4 for the wife if you included the 1 crawfish lol and 2 cuts for a buddy of mine. All where release as they was 19 to 21.5 inches. The flasher helped a lot as I could play the fish more when I knew they was there. Ice was like 2 inches of so so ice 8 inches of slush and probably 6 to 8 inches of very good ice on the bottom but the top layer was strong enough to not break through where we fished but my Polaris Atv did break through in spots getting to and from are fishing area.
[signature]