Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boot Review
So I have been trying to find a waterproof pair of warm ice fishing boots and think that I have found the perfect set for me. They are the Baffin Titan boots. It's a solid rubber boot that is rated to -150 degrees. Had the opportunity to test them for the first time this weekend at the bash. In all three days/ two nights of fishing my feet never got cold and that was spending time in and out of the shelter throughout the trip. Where they are all rubber my feet never got wet from the slush and with as much insulation as they have paired with a set of smart wool socks my feet didn't sweat and get cold cause the moisture would get wicked away. For long hikes they are kinda bulky but the boots themselves aren't heavy for walking around. I would fully recommend these boots to anyone looking for a new set and I was able to pick mine up off amazon for about a buck fifty. The reviews all stated to buy large but I took a risk and bought the next full size above what I wear(I wear a 9.5 and bought a 10) and size wise the boots fit really good.
[signature]
I have heard good things about Baffin boots. Thanks for the review.
[signature]
I have had a pair of the Baffin Control Max for the past 4 seasons and I absolutely LOVE them. Never get cold feet[Smile]
[signature]
I bought a pair if Baffins last week and absolutely love them!
[signature]
I bought a pair of Baffin Impacts a month ago. Only had them out twice. Needless to say they are warm. I was surprised how waterproof they were, as the impacts are only rubber on the bottom half. I smashed through the edge and went up to the top of the boot. My foot stayed dry. As far as sizing goes, your lucky to be on the half size. I’m a true 10 and 10’s are a little tight. 11’s are just too bulky. I found a sock liner only was the way to go. Anything heavier and they are too tight. These boots will make a great cold weather boot- I’ll stuck to my mucks when it’s messy tho.
[signature]