Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake,here goes......

[signature]
Looks like you are ready. Will there be any problem with your trailer with the perch tournament going on? Please post a report. We are going to try again next week.
[signature]
I attended a meeting in SLC yesterday and Fish Lake briefer stated parking will be very limited. Additionally stated as of yesterday 3000 folks have signed up.

I’ve also saw on other Social Media sites trailers possibly being turned away.
[signature]
Had dry roads almost all the way to Koosharem last night, that was an unexpected surprise.
Then started to snow a little, roads were a little wet, and temp was 17 degrees.
Decided to stay in Koosharem over night.
Getting ready to climb the hill and am at rest stop right now.
Overnight snow was <1".
A lot of guys use trailers at Dr. Creek and Mallard overflow, I camp at Dr. Creek.
I believe the trailer ban is really meant for the highway and marinas, maybe I'm wrong....
This is my third tourney here with camper/trailer and every State and Fed guy has been super friendly, that is why I keep coming back.
If they are mean to me this year I will just stop supporting the 'Cause'.
Plus, they wont get my donation to the Iron Ranger!
[signature]
How deep was the snow and how bad was the slush around the south end?
[signature]
Beautiful day Saturday. A good breeze in the am until the sun came up and then almost perfect as far as weather.
Fishing was good until 11 and then I really had to convince them to bite.
Tried a new spot for perch on east side of Mallard Bay and should have stuck to my usual spots.
Ended up with 49 perch,12 splake, and one bow.
One of my perch were tagged.
Snow deeper than usual on the ice made foot travel difficult and the tent cities were a little more condensed than usual.
Parking lot was plowed excellent and all of us with trailers were greeted with open arms and there was oodles of space.
Sevier County/FS/ and State really did a fantastic job!
[signature]
Any problem getting around on the ice with snowmobiles?
[signature]
I used my tracked atv to do all the hauling and only joy rode my Phazer.
My snowmobile went everywhere I
pointed it. I hit a few slush pockets but just laid on the gas and it pulled through them easily, and my Phazer is only a 480.
[signature]
Was hoping to head down there this week, but the forecast is for strong winds. Might head north to FG instead.
[signature]
Cool, good luck Kent.
[signature]
We decided to head to Fish Lake after all. Hopefully, we don't encounter too much wind or slush.
[signature]