Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cache Crawford’s
Anybody on here ever draw the cache Crawford’s late muzzy tag on here?If so what were your thoughts and experience on it I was thinking about applying for it but just wanted to get a little bit of info on it if possible?
[signature]
Pray for snow to help push more deer in from Wyoming.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
That’s kinda what I have heard is it’s a weather dependent hunt just was curious if anyone has had the tag personally and how there experience was
[signature]
tough one to draw, been applying for it the last 6 years, it is very weather dependent.
[signature]
Guy I used to work with drew the tag like ten years ago, so this is old info... but the pictures he showed me were easily some of the biggest bucks I've ever seen. He chased monsters all hunt and couldn't get close enough for a shot on the big ones... One buck I'm pretty sure would have topped 40" wide, it's horns were as wide as it's body was long... Anyway at the end of the hunt he took a 26" heavy horned buck... One most of us would be very happy with, but he was let down because it was smaller than a lot of bucks he could have shot early in the hunt, but let them go waiting on the monster... Have also heard recently that it's been a disappointing hunt... Like others have said weather dependent, and probably 6 years worth of weather on how well the bucks have been growing and surviving over those years too... The herd numbers looked down in the fish and game reports, so maybe that will reduce the number that apply for it this year, so maybe you'll have a better chance to draw... I've always wanted to get that tag, but I'm still trying to draw an elk tag... Good luck... J
[signature]
Thank you for the info I have 9 points I know that’s not enough to get a guaranteed tag but I have to the conclusion I wish I would have been putting in for elk all those times lol I was skeptical as well I was looking at the herd numbers like you were saying they are down but I have also heard a lot of the bigger bucks people see move in from Wyoming depending on the snow I guess it’s just a toss up like a lot of the others
[signature]
ITS also hard to find any info on this hunt as well..
[signature]
Yup it's a gamble this far ahead to try and guess what next fall will be like, but I think you and I probably need to decide to choose the next best hunts and then make the best of them... I've always applied for a hunt I'll never draw because I'm four points behind... One of these years I may have to just settle for a good hunt, but not wait for the great hunt... but not this year... rolled the dice one more time... awe the Utah lottery at it's finest... $20 a year and keep the dream alive, but telling me someday my points will get me a great tag.... Sure think after 18 years of waiting plus 5 years when I couldn't apply (drew elk tag year before draw started), I should be starting to get closer to drawing, but it never seems like I'm ever any closer... Going to have to decide how long the body will hold up to hunt hard enough to do it... Lost my youth waiting for a permit... Guess good enough might have been a better option, then I might have had multiple other elk hunts... Oh well roll the dice... Later J
[signature]
Hey I here ya that point creep is terrible but best of luck to ya this year I hope you draw and get your tag it would be well earned all we can do is hope and pray keep me updated on whether you draw or not I will do the same as well
[signature]
Hey that sounds good, but we hadn't better hold our breathe waiting for a result... Come memorial day we'll know what to plan on... Good luck... Got my application in again, so I'm hoping along with you... Later Jeff
[signature]
So, it is a weather dependent hunt. as stated. It is the wintering grounds for some of Wyoming's region G and some of Region K herds.

A few years ago Wyoming put a fence up to minimize the deer/vehicle incidents. After that is was not a good as it once was.

You can still find boomers in the area if Wyoming gets heavy snow, but it isn't what it used to be.

It still would be a good hunt with an opportunity to kill a 24" 4x4, but I do not think it is worth the points it would take you to draw it.
[signature]