Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacramento perch
I believe the only Utah game fish that I have not caught is a sacramento perch. I tried to remedy that in the fall of 2014, but was unsuccessful. I have since learned that this is the best time of year to fish for them. There are only two places that I know has them and they are both in extreme western Utah west and a little south of Delta (Almost 4 hours and 220 miles from SLC). I am going to give it another try. I don't have an exact date picked yet to go for them, but it will likely be within the next week or two. If anyone is up to joining me, and sharing gas expense, please send me a PM and let me know of your availability. We will be fishing from the shore, unless you want to bring your tube.
[signature]
I might be up for a trip depending on timing. let me know when you get a better idea.
[signature]
Kent

I too might be interested depending on exact dates. I work some weekends. Let me know when you figure out dates.
[signature]
I have gone from really tired to retired, so other than Sundays and Mondays I am pretty available.
[signature]
Good Luck. Now I think it’s the last page of the Utah Fishing Guidebook that requires anglers who have caught all game species in the state to cease to fish in Utah again. Makes sense as you’re just too good at it and they want you to save some fish for the rest of us[laugh].You’ll have to move to another state and start over.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]

You’ll have to move to another state and start over.

[/quote]

I'm glad you found that in the fine print. I have been looking for an excuse to move to Idaho and have sturgeon fishing only 30 minutes from my front door. Now if I could only get my wife to believe me when I show her your post. She was born and raised in Idaho, so maybe it will fly.[:/]
[signature]
Good luck. I’m hoping to sneak down there in May.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
When you move, please insure that you have a guest room or maybe even a guest house, so I can visit. I will try to keep my visits limited to 1-3 months.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
[quote BURLEY]

I will try to keep my visits limited to 1-3 months.

[/quote]

What a guy.[Wink]
[signature]
i may be interested as well, ive fished pruess lake several times as i use to live in milford, pm me what days your thinking of going and i may be able to split expenses with you. [fishon]
[signature]