Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Willard update
Cookie and I only had a couple hrs this morning to try Willard. Due to limited time we only tossed mussels in on the north Marina sandy shore that is so popular with the bait tossers. A number of people there early. Cookie had two fish on around 8:30. First one broke the leader off as it charged into some brush. Second one jumped and threw the hook. No other bites. Went dead after that. Did not see anyone land anything. A number of panfish groupies trying to get some attention in the marina, working the brush for crappie. I did not see a catch, but did not watch long. Talked to one guy who had success on bait on the north dike, and another couple who had picked up a couple Sunday in freeway bay area. Might try to swing out after my work meetings are over and use up the rest of the mussels near the pig farm and throw some plastic for smallies.

No video - cookie said I said bad words when that leader broke and I have to edit them out cause kids might repeat em.

Question for you wiper bait dunkers. I bought frozen , cooked mussels. Should they be fresh, uncooked, to provide a better oil slick?
[signature]