Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The DWR interactive fishing report site
I wonder how many of us have looked at or reported on the DWR's new fishing report web page?

This is a vast improvement over reports in the past that were only generated by the DWR. The new site allows the anglers to go on the site and rate the fishing they had for the day. If everyone will report on there success or lack thereof, it will be much more up to date with better information on the present status of the fishery.

The only problem, as I see it, is having accurate reports. You know what they say, there is only one other group of sportsman that have a lower credibility rating than fisherman and that's golfers.[Wink]

I just thought I'd throw this out there, especially for any of those that aren't aware of the new fishing report page.

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/fishing/fStart
[signature]
I have used that site, I wish it would allow you to put in more info but it's not bad.
[signature]
I have used it as well. Initially I didn't care for it, but since I discovered how to see the DWR's reports, I kind of like it (just click on the "DWR Forecast"). I also like having all of the info right there, stocking reports, regulations, etc. I don't pay a lot of attention to the fisherman ratings other than to note the general trend.

Just like the old site, probably good to trust and verify. And don't be disappointed if the fishing is different than reported. Of course, you can get more good info right here on this BFT site!
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none
The division has some good recommendations for waters like Bear Lake and the Gorge where they have biologists and get some real hands on fishing reports. However, a lot of other areas you'll find they take their reports from BFT reports. So I agree BFT is a great starting spot to find out what is going on.. Seems like that sight is a little difficult to navigate to me, so it's likely I won't use it much, but for those new to fishing it will be a great resource to get them started or if I'm looking for a new area, it will be a good starting location to start researching new areas... After you're into an area I think BFT will be a better spot to gather info, especially with the ability to ask questions and get great help and answers like we have here.. But everything helps to educate and make our sport stronger so I think it's good to have that resource... Later J
[signature]