Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry kokanee again
My son called me Monday to see if we could go fishing Tue. and have him home by 11 am I said OK he was going to ask someone to go. he called back and
said he had to much work to do and better not go I have not fished with him all year because he works all the time .
then I started dreaming about where the kokanee had moved to.

Brandon said he wanted to get some big kokanee and may be able to go Thu.
yesterday he said he could not make it. by now it has been 7 days and I have not been fishing, I need a Koke fix, I'm going nuts

Brandon has no Idea how much fun he misted

I took my wife, she said we have a lot of fun don't we
we stopped right on the kokanee that I saw in my dream
this is started getting to long but.

we start fishing in the dark we had a fish on all the time, some times all 4 lines were in 7:30 am was the first time we had all 4 poles fishing at the same time
any kokanee that was not hooked to good we put back
we stopped fishing at 8:30 I did not want to put any more kokanee back
we put some big red ones back
only took this one picture when we stopped fishing for kokanee he was on ice
we took 8 kokanee home

took a snap shot when we stopped fishing on the 360 looks like over 100 kokanee

in years past some said they could not catch kokanee this late in the year
I don't know if it is my dodgers that I'm using that is why I'm catching so many.

the blanks I use are called Kach-Moor spoon they are 5 7/8" long they come with a good bend.
on one I have have all glow power 1/2 green 1/2 pink
the other a glow green strip down the middle and silver tape on the side of the green glow all pink squids.
down 35 feet.

then fished with my home made lures for cuts till 10:30
they are also glow.
in 60 to 80 feet of water try to keep the lures 10 feet off the bottom just looking for the big cuts.

one time had 3 on at the same time 3 other time had 2 on at the same time.
no big ones 18 to 22" cuts. had one big one on but lost it, it bent the hook
had him on for what seemed like 5 min.
[signature]
Hey Robert -- looks like your boy missed quite a day....those are some amazing looking marks on your 360.....
[signature]
Robert, your retirement from kokanee fishing didn't last very long.[Wink]
[signature]
[quote Jmorfish]Hey Robert -- looks like your boy missed quite a day....those are some amazing looking marks on your 360.....[/quote]

My sons name is Chris, he missed a good time too, Tue.
[signature]
Robert, I knew you weren't done. A good koke man has to have a fix, that goes to show you how much of an addict you are. [bobhappy] That was truly a good day you & wife had, too bad about the son-his loss, a family outing would have topped off the season.
[signature]
With posts like this you are contributing to the delinquency of fisherman. He tells me to stay away from Kokanee for it will give me another addiction and then he puts a post on here like this, your almost like a drug dealer. I am going to have to call the BFT police and have them confiscate your electronics.
[signature]
Great job buddy. Fantastic way to end the season!!!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
I can already see that my pocketbook is going to take a hit when I upgrade my sonar unit. That screenshot is awesome of the 360. Great post.
[signature]
Sorry in advance for my dumb questions...

Could you take a couple of photos of the Kach-Moor spoons you're using and how you have them rigged? How far from the spoon do you clip your downrigger? Do you trail bait behind the spoon or just a bare hook? How far from your spoon to the hook, and do you use swivels?

I usually just fish with a jig or troll for trout. Just purchased some downriggers last year but haven't used them much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated [fishon]..
[signature]
google Kach-Moor spoons I buy my blanks from Hagen fish
but other places sell them. also sling blade dodgers work

your questions aren't dumb

it has taken me years to learn how to catch kokanee
look at my old post ( if you can get past the dumb ones)
look at the videos I have made.

I have learned a lot form you-tube
here is one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpEDtkYhveE&t=75s

get some one to take you out trolling that has downriggers

I use 1 1/2" squids that have two size #2 hooks
for bait on the hooks I uses pink corn are
berkley maggots
[signature]
Wow, what a trip!
[signature]
Wow! I thought they would be more colored up than that. You're still putting the hurt on them clear into September. I gave up way too soon.
[signature]