Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard - Skunk (but nice day)
16 Nov 2019. Fished Willard today for 4 hours in the afternoon. Got skunked. Here’s how it went:

Got on the water at 1:30pm. Air time 53F water temp 47F. Nice sunny day with partial clouds. Winds out of the North 2-6mph. 5 boat trailers in the North marina parking lot. One was a ski boat that made some waves for me. I think they were testing their engine because they came limping back in at the end of the day using paddles.

I was fishing fligs off the bottom sweated with chub meat. I covered water from the marina to the north dike. Saw lots of bait balls. Mostly dead zone areas. Occasionally found large fish around the bait balls. Sometimes they were above the bait balls, usually below the bait balls. I could not get any takers.

I saw a lot of small to medium sized fish hanging around the top (5’ below the surface) in many areas I went. I changed one rod to a weighted jig below a bobber. Jig was sweetened. No takers. Probably too big if a jig.

I found one area that did have a fair amount of larger fish coming in and out, and my offerings were in the right spot. No takers.

Almost zero fish markings inside the North Marina on the way in and out.

I wanted to go to some other waters today but the wind forecast was too high for my pontoon boat.
[signature]
Saw ya floating in behind the wounded boat. Our day was similar and limited to a few light hits but none netted, except a few carp on mid day break over at the outlet.
[signature]