Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake largies
Megan at Sportsman's (she's a bass tournament fisher) suggested to me to go very slow, then slow down some more.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Ended up with about 300 whittes and 2 perch.
[signature]
Sounds like a great outing, and your technique was successful.
[signature]
Gotta love a maniac, the fish go crazy for u.!
[signature]
that is my exact set up for Crappie at Lake Powell. Jig color and all, they love it
[signature]
Good eats there! How long did u say u fished?
[signature]
About 4 hours
[signature]
Well, GEEEZ! I alway have the darndest time hitting white bass this early in the year!!! How you do dat?
[signature]
its all about the maniac minnows! 2 inch or 3 inch i prefer the 3 inch. i just wish it was open water so i can throw some jerk baits or drop shots looking for largemouth maybe the elusive walleye or rare northern pike!
[signature]
Are you just bumping the lures along the bottom? I imagine that is the method since everything in the winter needs to be half speed or less.
[signature]
My question is not how long were you fishing, but how long did it take you to filet all those? On the rare occasion when I get in to that kind of action the pleasure of catching goes down the more I catch as I contemplate how long it's going to take me to clean them all. I usually quit at around 50 or so. hahah
[signature]
Oh, that was through the ICE, then. Excellent either way.

What's funny is I bought three packs of Maniac Minnows several years ago, two sizes/three colors, and I haven't bough any more because the first 5-6 times I used them, they got no love.

I tried them for WB at UL, wipers and crappie at Willard, browns on the Weber, Uinta lakes, and more (can't remember it all). Never caught a single fish on them that I remember. Still have a bunch.

Experiences can be so different. I must have just had that many poor trips in a row.
[signature]