Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Willard 9/21
(09-24-2020, 02:48 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Take me to that tech say kid...i don't get alerts on my phone anymore about posts on BFT. Nice cats
Lance, have you always had a problem with not getting Email notices or did this just start?
(09-24-2020, 08:49 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 02:48 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Take me to that tech say kid...i don't get alerts on my phone anymore about posts on BFT. Nice cats
Lance, have you always had a problem with not getting Email notices or did this just start?
I have NEVER received notices for post replies or messages.  And I have double checked all the email addresses, etc.  Nothing...since the new format was installed.
(09-24-2020, 09:32 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
I have NEVER received notices for post replies or messages.  And I have double checked all the email addresses, etc.  Nothing...since the new format was installed.
I realise some of you are not getting notices but I thought we confirmed that was because of the server you were using, AKA, century link. Some members had that same issue with the old format as well. Dubob confirmed that suspicion when he called them and they said as much. Recently he started having the same problem with his new server, digis.net he ask for the address of the notices I was receiving, here is what I sent him:
no-reply@bigfishtackle.com
Not sure if it will solve the problem but try putting it in your address book and see if it helps. In the meantime I'll contact the site manager and see if they can check into this again.
Centrurylink.net has never worked since the deployment, not sure if that is still the case.
(09-24-2020, 10:04 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote:
Centrurylink.net has never worked since the deployment, not sure if that is still the case.
If you are having this issue too, try putting no-reply@bigfishtackle.com
in your address book.
(09-24-2020, 10:17 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 10:04 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote:
If you are having this issue too, try putting no-reply@bigfishtackle.com
in your address book.
I've added no-reply@bigfishtackle.com to my address book and it did not fix the problem, I still get NO notifications - I too have Centurylink (at least for a while longer).
I get email notifications on threads that I start, reply to, or if anyone posts a new thread on the premium board.  I do nearly all my online browsing through my phone.
(09-25-2020, 12:28 AM)Jig-fisher Wrote: I get email notifications on threads that I start, reply to, or if anyone posts a new thread on the premium board.  I do nearly all my online browsing through my phone.

I have Yahoo mail and I've never had a problem getting notices, I've heard those with gmail don't have problems either.
That makes sense, I have gmail.
After complaining to Centurylink about the inability to receive notifications...and getting a flat denial of a problem on that end...I switched my email address with BFT to my gmail account.  Wonder of wonders.  I am now getting notifications on my gmail address.  Hmmmmm?
(09-25-2020, 03:43 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
After complaining to Centurylink about the inability to receive notifications...and getting a flat denial of a problem on that end...I switched my email address with BFT to my gmail account.  Wonder of wonders.  I am now getting notifications on my gmail address.  Hmmmmm?
Glad it's working for you now Pat. If I remember correctly, the answer you got from Centurylink is the same answer that Bob got, it wasn't until he press them on this issue that they finally confessed that there might be some web sites that they block. Don't quote me on this but it sounds like it's a Liberal vs Conservative issue, where they are blocking anything coming from what a perceive to be a conservative web site. After all, only a conservative would go fishing right Wink.
(09-25-2020, 04:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Glad it's working for you now Pat. If I remember correctly, the answer you got from Centurylink is the same answer that Bob got, it wasn't until he press them on this issue that they finally confessed that there might be some web sites that they block. Don't quote me on this but it sounds like it's a Liberal vs Conservative issue, where they are blocking anything coming from what a perceive to be a conservative web site. After all, only a conservative would go fishing right Wink.
Must be.  Look how dark it is.  By the way, I did not get a notice that you had replied to my reply.
(09-25-2020, 04:33 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 04:21 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Must be.  Look how dark it is.  By the way, I did not get a notice that you had replied to my reply.
There are many times when I don't get a notice for several hour or even the next day, please let me know if you don't get a notice by tomorrow. also, when there are several replies to one thread, you might not get but one notice, especially if several replies happen within minutes of each other.