Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 2/27 PM
Headed up to Pineview yesterday and fished the upper end of the Narrows.  Had hoped to get on the ice around 4 for a try at the perch, but wasn’t able to get fishing until after 5.  Crappie bite was a bit slow at first but picked up right before dark and stayed fairly consistent thru 9pm.  They would come thru in waves.  Fished in 30 FOW. Ended up coming home with 33 with about half around 10” and one that went almost 11”.  Best bait was a gold glow spoon tipped with a chartreuse crappie nibble.  You almost had to have glow tackle to get them to bite.  If the pole was still for a bit, the solution was generally to re-charge the glow and that would entice a strike.  fish were generally between 5-10 feet off the bottom although schools came thru later around 12-15’ in the water column.

Everyone seemed to be catching.  As always with crappie, the bite was super light.

Photo for effect...
[Image: 20220127-233221.jpg]
Thanks for the report. Can’t believe I haven’t fished PV yet. Might be taking a bunch of young women from church up there. Better pray for me! Not sure what a gold glow spoon is. Could you post a pick or describe in more detail? Did you try spikes? Thanks
I'll post a pic tomorrow (out right now). Basically, it is a spoon that is gold on one side, and has glow material on the other. It's definitely outfished the other standard stuff.

Tried waxies, worms, spikes, and nibbles. Nibbles were what the crappie wanted.
Are the narrows close by the dam?      Better to fish closer to the east or west side of the narrows?.
Yes, close by the dam. For crappie, I've found it better in the western part of the Narrows, but I have caught them further east too.
MWScott72,
Thank you for your helpful posts. I appreciate you sharing depth, color/jig/bait and success. I know you have been ridiculed by other posters, ut I, for one, am thankful!
Troutster-
Sorry this is late, but here is a pic of what worked best. Small chartreuse tungsten teardrop jigs were fairly effective too. Glow seemed to be the ticket though. No glow, no bite!

Does anyone on here know exactly what this "spoon" is called? I bought it a couple years ago - don't remember where and a quick online seach didn't turn anything up. Actually bought 2, but lost one in Dec to WB at UL. I'd love to get a couple more, so thanks to anyone that can tell me the name.

[Image: 20220131-073213.jpg]

[Image: 20220131-073236.jpg]
Thanks for posting the pictures. Girls group cancelled but my wife is coming with me next Monday night. I have something similar I’ll try and I’ll pick up some crappie nibbles before I go. Can’t wait! Fish tacos, here I come!
I believe it's a Custom Jigs N Spins Demon
Thanks for the info.

It goes by a bunch of different names. I've heard it called a Demon, as Fishnate said, an "Ice Tick", and a few other things.
[Image: Ice-jigs.jpg]

I was getting most of them on this type of thing last time I was there, fairly small, probably 1/16 oz-ish.
(02-01-2022, 12:17 AM)fishnate Wrote: I believe it's a Custom Jigs N Spins Demon

looks like them to me:
https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-gear-...t=Clothing
Lindy makes the Frosty jig and Northland Tackle makes the Forage Minnow which are both similar and all are great lures!
Thanks guys! I only have the one, and it's done well, so wanted to stock up on a couple more, so that when I inevitably lose this one, I'll have some backups.