Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Willard is filling
The water has been going into fast and heavy the last week or 2. 

Hope the fishing will last all summer
[Image: 20230326-184625.jpg]

thos year.
(03-27-2023, 06:27 PM)UTFISHING Wrote: The water has been going into fast and heavy the last week or 2. 

Hope the fishing will last all summer
[Image: 20230326-184625.jpg]

thos year.

Nice to see I hope so too. If the snow would stop for a day or 2.
Any info on people catching walleye at the inlet?
Thanks in advance.
(03-28-2023, 01:21 AM)hook_sets Wrote: Any info on people catching walleye at the inlet?
Thanks in advance.

I've talked to a few people and there fishing it but not catching its  roaring out of there. I would guess a week or 2 .
(03-28-2023, 01:21 AM)hook_sets Wrote: Any info on people catching walleye at the inlet?
Thanks in advance.

When we drove by this morning there was only one car in the parking lot there by the baffles, on leaving around 2:30pm there were 7 or 8 cars in that same parking lot, so there are a folks thinking it has started. Another bit of news, the DWR has started collecting eyes in their gill nets or traps as they call them. They were launching when we got there but finished before we came in, so no word on how they did.
(03-28-2023, 11:08 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Thanks in advance.

When we drove by this morning there was only one car in the parking lot there by the baffles, on leaving around 2:30pm there were 7 or 8 cars in that same parking lot, so there are a folks thinking it has started. Another bit of news, the DWR has started collecting eyes in their gill nets or traps as they call them. They were launching when we got there but finished before we came in, so no word on how they did.

Did you guys have any luck today. I went buy the north marina and there was 1 truck in the parking lot . I think it was a black lund boat out on the north side. Was there more boats at the south marina other than you guys?
(03-28-2023, 11:37 PM)oldguy Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 11:08 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Thanks in advance.

Did you guys have any luck today. I went buy the north marina and there was 1 truck in the parking lot . I think it was a black lund boat out on the north side. Was there more boats at the south marina other than you guys?

I'll post a report in a few minutes but yes, three were three boat out from the South marina.
Well I take it back it's going out the north end as fast as it's going in the south end... guess they want the great salt lake to get a bunch of water first.
(03-30-2023, 10:11 PM)UTFISHING Wrote: Well I take it back it's going out the north end as fast as it's going in the south end... guess they want the great salt lake to get a  bunch of water first.

That does not surprise me but the water level is coming up, here is a pic of the boat dock from a few weeks ago, then the second pic is from this past Tues.

[Image: southmarinadocks.jpg]

[Image: theyneedtopullthedockup.jpg]