Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porcupine FYI
They have put up a couple barricades and road closed signs where you cross the river below the dam (Berry bridge) do to flooding, sand bags have been placed on the upstream side but there is still about 2-3”s of water going across the road
(05-10-2023, 07:47 PM)2knots Wrote: They have put up a couple barricades and road closed signs where you cross the river below the dam (Berry bridge) do to flooding, sand bags have been placed on the upstream side but there is still about 2-3”s of water going across the road

Thanks for the info Alan, I have a feeling that situation will get much worse before it gets better, with the expected runoff that is coming, especially with the lake already full and water up to the spillway. Have they said anything about flooding in your area, seems to me that whole area is not much higher than the river near you Undecided
(05-11-2023, 12:31 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 07:47 PM)2knots Wrote: They have put up a couple barricades and road closed signs where you cross the river below the dam (Berry bridge) do to flooding, sand bags have been placed on the upstream side but there is still about 2-3”s of water going across the road

Thanks for the info Alan, I have a feeling that situation will get much worse before it gets better, with the expected runoff that is coming, especially with the lake already full and water up to the spillway. Have they said anything about flooding in your area, seems to me that whole area is not much higher than the river near you Undecided

No flooding concerns for us, we’re at least 100’ above the river and about 1/2 mile away, a couple of places below the dam in Avon could be affected that are close to the river but so far they are good