Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porky
Went and fished porky Sunday. Marked a few fish, didn't see any schooled up kokes, and had a pretty cool experience when a moose swam across the lake in front of me. Water clarity was 12-15 feet and water temp was 59 degrees.
Thanks for the report, sounds like the conditions are getting better... Assume you didn't catch anything since you didn't mention it, that's too bad, but still a fun spot to go enjoy the day... Was it a bull or cow moose? I was fishing there one year on early ice where the edge was dicey and a deer come flying down over the dam, (must have had a cat or yotes on its tail) tried to cut across the ice, but fell through the edge.. It eventually got out on it's own, but was cool to see... I never did see what was chasing it... Probably put that poor animal in a bad way being wet in cold conditions.... Fun to be out and see some of those nature events from a different perspective... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for the report, too bad the catching was so poor but I'm wondering the same thing as Jeff, did you catch any trout? Is the water still going over the spillway?
It was a cow moose. Second time I've seen moose up there. First time was a couple years ago when a cow and calf walked across the ice while we were there. Tried uploading the video but the site wont let me. Tried dragging flashers and squids, rapalas, spinners, and streamers and couldn't get any trout to commit. Had one come up to check out the streamer but didn't bite. Saw a couple of boats out but didn't look like they were catching either. Kinda seems like everywhere is off this year. There is just a small trickle coming out of the spillway but the water is at the high water mark so guessing they are starting to conserve for the summer.
Someone I know told me this story. They were fishing at Strawberry when a bull elk came running down the hill straight into the water, submerged, and was never seen again. My guess is that it had been injured by a hunter and expired in the lake. This guy is not known for making up stories.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.
Saw a moose swimming across the lake last year also, had a buddy out for the 4th from North Carolina so I was was great seeing one
(07-03-2023, 09:55 PM)DjHill16 Wrote: Went up again today and managed to catch a brown dead sticking a tube jig on the bottom. Tried for kokes for half and hour and gave up.

Sounds like a nice brown but I can't see it, try using this method for attaching pics it will automatically resize your pics when you post them using this method.

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/showthre...id=1101135
See if that works
[Image: 20230703-091102.jpg]
(07-04-2023, 05:14 AM)DjHill16 Wrote: See if that works
[Image: 20230703-091102.jpg]

That worked great and you can click on it to enlarge it, nice brown butr I wonder where all the kokes have gone Undecided