Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview report
You know, sometimes you have those moments when you remember why you fish.

Last Saturday I had the student anglers out at Willard bay. We got completely skunked. They were not phased. They asked me if I knew anywhere else close we could try for catfish. So I told them if they did not mind them being bullheads then Pineview would likely produce.

So we drove up and fished near the caretakers house. They proceeded to teach me why I love what I do. They laughed, told stories, teased each other, and put a total smack down on them bullies. Landed over 40 in a couple hrs. No one said anything about them not being big cats, or being trash fish. They just loved each and every cast with the enthusiasm I remember having sitting next to dad and my brothers.

It was a very good day.

I got footage of one of them having a cat on one pole and then getting a bite on his other. So he held one at bay in one hand and used his teeth to reel in the other. One kid was so excited to cast back out that he caught his own pole on the back cast and tried to toss it in. And even more humor in the video attached below. It is short and perhaps my favorite of all I have made cause I got to sit back and just experience that feeling again.

Oh and they took a mess of them home and loved every bite, too.

https://youtu.be/KxTR7L_sgnU
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nicely done..I can see why you were having as much fun as the young gunners/casters...Way to go...
(05-11-2024, 02:47 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: You know, sometimes you have those moments when you remember why you fish.

Last Saturday I had the student anglers out at Willard bay. We got completely skunked. They were not phased. They asked me if I knew anywhere else close we could try for catfish. So I told them if they did not mind them being bullheads then Pineview would likely produce.

So we drove up and fished near the caretakers house. They proceeded to teach me why I love what I do. They laughed, told stories, teased each other, and put a total smack down on them bullies. Landed over 40 in a couple hrs. No one said anything about them not being big cats, or being trash fish. They just loved each and every cast with the enthusiasm I remember having sitting next to dad and my brothers.

It was a very good day.

I got footage of one of them having a cat on one pole and then getting a bite on his other. So he held one at bay in one hand and used his teeth to reel in the other. One kid was so excited to cast back out that he caught his own pole on the back cast and tried to toss it in. And even more humor in the video attached below. It is short and perhaps my favorite of all I have made cause I got to sit back and just experience that feeling again.

Oh and they took a mess of them home and loved every bite, too.

https://youtu.be/KxTR7L_sgnU

Big Grin Way to go !