Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades Questions
Hello all, 
Taking my dad out to paliSades this coming weekend. Looking for a few tips on what to use. Just looking to get him some decent sized fish. We have a well stocked Duckworth with down riggers and everything. Feel free to message me if you prefer not to show the public. Thanks in advance.
I haven't fished it, but I'd imagine any of your favorite trout gear would work well.
(05-21-2024, 01:55 AM)Mandersonfix Wrote: Hello all, 
Taking my dad out to paliSades this coming weekend. Looking for a few tips on what to use. Just looking to get him some decent sized fish. We have a well stocked Duckworth with down riggers and everything. Feel free to message me if you prefer not to show the public. Thanks in advance.

First I'd like to welcome you to the site. Are you planning on targeting certain species, like lake trout, kokanee, rainbows, cutts or browns? If you are after Kokes or Bows, just troll at 1 to 2 mph and using dodgers and squids or spinners harnesses, tipped with corn. Now location is another issue, my best suggestion would be to watch other boats and see where they are fishing. Good luck, hope you find lots of willing fish and please let us know how you do.
If I had been there recently I would sure offer any suggestions but I have but have not wandered that way for a while. I know my wife would tell you to tie on a Jake's lure and hang on but she could catch a megladon in a Swedish steam shed with one so it may not help you much
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
A good bet are hammered gold and orange spoons and gold or gold and orange Rapalas.