Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordy, then Rockport
Thought I'd hit the north end of Jordanelle this morning and fish the PWC area from shore.  Started around 8:30.  High water to the trees and too shallow, so fished that little bay to the east for an hour.  Got a 13" smallie on my 3rd cast.  Light-green tube.  I was probably casting out to 8' and he took it around 5'.  Tried jerkbaits, swimbaits, grubs --- nothing.  Close enough to hit Rockport's highway side instead of going home, so went to my ice fishing parking spot by the last pullout/restroom.  Fished that section below where the big shoreline rocks turn into grass & brush.  Got 4 smallies ( 10-13") and 2 perch (5" and 7").  Got hits on half-doz plastics, but what they wanted was a 4" kuttail on a 1/16th oz jighead.  Saw over a dozen trolling trouters, but no bass boats.  No idea what the water temp was, but fishing should only get better with this coming week's above-avg air temps.
Sounds like you covered some ground to get those fish, were you after the bass or it a whatever you could catch kind of day? Thanks for the report.
(06-02-2024, 12:43 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like you covered some ground to get those fish, were you after the bass or it a whatever you could catch kind of day? Thanks for the report.

Fished only one spot at RP.  Had fished there 2 Mem Days ago and also got some perch & smallies that time, so I knew I had a shot.