Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard
Have not posted in awhile  Talked to WiperHunter. He thought I might have died.  Smile  Fished alone Friday morning and started catching 8 little eyes. Had to keep one, swallowed hook. BB..1.2-1.5 mph. 2 1/2oz., 45’ back. Switched over to cranks and caught 5 nice eyes, 1 wiper, and one 13” perch. Mini planer boards, 25’ out, 100’ back. No weights. Caught wiper on a Blueberry Muffin Bomber. Eyes were all caught on Hot-N-Tots. Clown and a purple color.
(06-02-2024, 01:21 AM)Jayweymouth1 Wrote: Have not posted in awhile  Talked to WiperHunter. He thought I might have died.  Smile  Fished alone Friday morning and started catching 8 little eyes. Had to keep one, swallowed hook. BB..1.2-1.5 mph. 2 1/2oz., 45’ back. Switched over to cranks and caught 5 nice eyes, 1 wiper, and one 13” perch. Mini planer boards, 25’ out, 100’ back. No weights. Caught wiper on a Blueberry Muffin Bomber. Eyes were all caught on Hot-N-Tots. Clown and a purple color.

It was good to see you out there Jay, you for sure had a good day at Willard on Fri. Sounds like we will need to try trolling some cranks next week, especially with the warmer temps that are coming.
Jay,
Sure missed you at Powell the last few years.
(06-02-2024, 04:09 AM)MrShane Wrote: Jay,
Sure missed you at Powell the last few years.

Thanks Shane. Loved that trip. Trip worth remembering.
(06-02-2024, 02:40 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-02-2024, 01:21 AM)Jayweymouth1 Wrote: Have not posted in awhile  Talked to WiperHunter. He thought I might have died.  Smile  Fished alone Friday morning and started catching 8 little eyes. Had to keep one, swallowed hook. BB..1.2-1.5 mph. 2 1/2oz., 45’ back. Switched over to cranks and caught 5 nice eyes, 1 wiper, and one 13” perch. Mini planer boards, 25’ out, 100’ back. No weights. Caught wiper on a Blueberry Muffin Bomber. Eyes were all caught on Hot-N-Tots. Clown and a purple color.

It was good to see you out there Jay, you for sure had a good day at Willard on Fri. Sounds like we will need to try trolling some cranks next week, especially with the warmer temps that are coming.

Nice job and thanks for the detailed report.  I've done well up there with Hot-N-Tots in the past but haven't tried them this year.  I'll be sure to do so next time.  Maybe tomorrow.  Wink

What's been consistent up there for me through many years is SR5s and SR7s in black/silver, 70'-80' off the boards.
Single main, no kicker. Wink