Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual Strawberry Trip Open Invite
I am doing my annual multi day trip to Strawberry 6/20-623 this year, camping on C loop at the Berry. We will be catching crawdads Friday night for a crawfish boil Saturday evening, anybody that wants to take part in either endeavor is welcome to join. I have 3 open seats for Friday morning available and 2 for Sunday morning for kokanee fishing, Saturday morning I will be participating in the Cast For Kids event. If you would like to claim a spot or want details on the crawfish endeavor send me a PM and we will work out the details.
(06-07-2024, 12:28 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I am doing my annual multi day trip to Strawberry 6/20-623 this year, camping on C loop at the Berry. We will be catching crawdads Friday night for a crawfish boil Saturday evening, anybody that wants to take part in either endeavor is welcome to join. I have 3 open seats for Friday morning available and 2 for Sunday morning for kokanee fishing, Saturday morning I will be participating in the Cast For Kids event. If you would like to claim a spot or want details on the crawfish endeavor send me a PM and we will work out the details.

Update 2 seats for Friday and 2 for Sunday.
(06-07-2024, 12:28 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I am doing my annual multi day trip to Strawberry 6/20-623 this year, camping on C loop at the Berry. We will be catching crawdads Friday night for a crawfish boil Saturday evening, anybody that wants to take part in either endeavor is welcome to join. I have 3 open seats for Friday morning available and 2 for Sunday morning for kokanee fishing, Saturday morning I will be participating in the Cast For Kids event. If you would like to claim a spot or want details on the crawfish endeavor send me a PM and we will work out the details.

Once again I will not be able to attend due to work obligations.  Could really use an hour with you though, can't seem to figure out the mapping on my Garmin Ecomap 7SV.
Post up how you do on the dads. I've several new traps this year I want to see how they do and have a boil.
You are welcome to borrow them for your excursion.
(06-07-2024, 08:17 PM)Gone Forever Wrote:

Once again I will not be able to attend due to work obligations.  Could really use an hour with you though, can't seem to figure out the mapping on my Garmin Ecomap 7SV.
Post up how you do on the dads. I've several new traps this year I want to see how they do and have a boil.
You are welcome to borrow them for your excursion.
We don’t use traps we catch them by scooping them up with nets on the launch ramp or putting a chicken leg on a string and watching them climb on then drag them to a net, with a few folks participating it does not  take long to fill a cooler.
Oh man my mouth is watering thinking of it but I will be traveling back from a week stay at my condo in mesquite. So I I'm unfortunately going to have to miss but if anyone can make the fishing trip or boil Shawn is an excellent host and great person. You won't regret going
(06-07-2024, 01:29 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

Update 2 seats for Friday 1 for Sunday.
(06-09-2024, 04:09 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

Update 1 seat for Friday and 1 for Sunday
Sounds like a lot of fun Shawn, wish I had time that I could join you... Good luck on the perfect weather and hope you have a great time and get some good catching going on as well... Later Jeff..
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(06-10-2024, 12:45 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(06-09-2024, 04:09 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:

Update 1 seat for Friday and 1 for Sunday
Update all seats are spoken for.
Like to hear how your Berry trip went over the weekend. I was up there too. The main lake was like Dead! I could not produce a thremocline on my finder. I tried every depth and color in my arsenal. Cutts, Cutts and more Cutts. I managed 4 kokes in only a 1 hour period over the entire weekend and that was near the Dam. I traveled and hit every spot I know. Surface temp started at 62 in the mornings and reached 64 by afternoon. I'm begining to think this year will be the same as last. Lots of boating and draging boots in. (cutts)
(06-24-2024, 06:18 PM)BROWNBAGGN Wrote: Like to hear how your Berry trip went over the weekend. I was up there too. The main lake was like Dead! I could not produce a thremocline on my finder. I tried every depth and color in my arsenal. Cutts, Cutts and more Cutts. I managed 4 kokes in only a 1 hour period over the entire weekend and that was near the Dam. I traveled and hit every spot I know. Surface temp started at 62 in the mornings and reached 64 by afternoon. I'm begining to think this year will be the same as last. Lots of boating and draging boots in. (cutts)

I also found the "triangle" to be dead this weekend. I fished all over the water column, with every dodger/squid/lure color combination you could imagine and only managed a couple of kokes.

Generally I'll at least see schools of Kokes on the livescope, but I wasn't seeing anything but the random cutts.

It didn't seem like there were many nets swinging, and what was being caught was being thrown back (cutts).
(06-24-2024, 06:18 PM)BROWNBAGGN Wrote: Like to hear how your Berry trip went over the weekend. I was up there too. The main lake was like Dead! I could not produce a thremocline on my finder. I tried every depth and color in my arsenal. Cutts, Cutts and more Cutts. I managed 4 kokes in only a 1 hour period over the entire weekend and that was near the Dam. I traveled and hit every spot I know. Surface temp started at 62 in the mornings and reached 64 by afternoon. I'm begining to think this year will be the same as last. Lots of boating and draging boots in. (cutts
It was definitely a tough year I only put 28 in the box over 4 days about half my annual average for this trip, I put up a report check it out.