Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the Sea of Cortez
Had a request to post this.  Not Utah but might be of interest to a few.  If you head south, be careful of the increased problems with cartel and drug activity down there.  We would no longer feel safe unless we booked at a nice hotel that could book our fishing trip.  In our day, my wife and I just camped on the beach and fished from our float tubes.  Much of the area we once had available has been developed and is no longer accessible.  Some of the other spots you have a high risk of being victims of crime.  Hope you enjoy this.  We had great times in doing the "field work".

Attached Files
.pdf   FISHING THE SEA OF CORTEZ.pdf (Size: 1.57 MB / Downloads: 31)
Getting pulled out on your tube in a tidal switch would sure add some excitement to your day. Fun read. Not sure i would enjoy dodging the cartels
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-30-2024, 10:08 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Getting pulled out on your tube in a tidal switch would sure add some excitement to your day. Fun read. Not sure i would enjoy dodging the cartels

Yeah, the big players with a lot of money have bought up a lot of the prime properties in the resort areas.  Here's some pics of what happened to one of our formerly fave areas...San Carlos...near Guaymas.  One of the pics is of a huge hilltop "shack" I used to refer to as my "Wednesday House"
[Image: WEDNESDAY-HOUSE.jpg] [Image: PRE-DEVELOP.jpg] [Image: PRISTINE.jpg] [Image: SAN-CARLOS-DEVELOPED.jpg]