Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport underwater footage
I was not going to post this quick trip to Rockport for some lunch fillets but I got some cool underwater footage of a bunch of smaller perch attacking our floating jigs thought I would share it..

In the way of report. Rockport is still hot for panfish and bass. The details of how and such are not any different than my last RP post 

https://youtu.be/0I4H4dn36BQ
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Wow the underwater footage is great. There were tons of them going after the jig. Rockport has been on my list to fish next couple of weeks. Echo is also my list. Thanks for sharing the video.
Nice video dude!
That underwater footage is great, you might have told us before but what kind of camera do you use for it, do you cast it, to get it in water that deep?
(07-10-2024, 04:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That underwater footage is great, you might have told us before but what kind of camera do you use for it, do you cast it, to get it in water that deep?

I have 3 cameras. A gopro , my oldest so the one that normally does the risky stuff - and was the camera for this footage.

A brand new DJI action camera. Similar to the go pro. Love it but nervous to dunk it. It is water proof like the gopro

And an aquview one that has the reel up and down camera mostly for ice fishing but will see some use this year watching some crawdad and minnow traps

This footage i just waded out. They pretty much swam between my legs they were so aggressive
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(07-10-2024, 05:35 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 04:39 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That underwater footage is great, you might have told us before but what kind of camera do you use for it, do you cast it, to get it in water that deep?

I have 3 cameras. A gopro , my oldest so the one that normally does the risky stuff - and was the camera for this footage.

A brand new DJI action camera. Similar to the go pro. Love it but nervous to dunk it. It is water proof like the gopro

And an aquview one that has the reel up and down camera mostly for ice fishing but will see some use this year watching some crawdad and minnow traps

This footage i just waded out. They pretty much swam between my legs they were so aggressive
Wow, you waded out, so no more than 3 feet deep or so? Sounds like they were very aggressive, if they were swimming between your legs, crazy.
(07-10-2024, 08:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-10-2024, 05:35 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:

Wow, you waded out, so no more than 3 feet deep or so? Sounds like they were very aggressive, if they were swimming between your legs, crazy.

Yup brought them into a 1ft of water a number of times. Little t-rexs that day